H/K remote control issue

Username: Joolz

Westbank, B.C.

Post Number: 4
I have recently purchased the H/K AVR 525 and I'm loving the smooth sweet sound I'm hearing! I am using the Zone II capabilities of the receiver by running 2 speakers to a separate room for stereo music. (5.1 is set up in the main room with the receiver) But I'm having a problem using the Zone II remote in my second room. I have purchased an RF remote control extender. It is working properly by converting the signal to RF which sends it back to the main room and then converts back to IR (wirelessly) to the AVR 525. However, this is completely wireless and I do not have anything plugged into the 'Multi' remote jack on the back of my receiver. Is this why my Zone II remote is not controlling the Zone II functions? It is only controlling the main room volume, but not the Multiroom volume.

Does anyone know about a remote control extender unit that is wireless from the transmittor to the remote sensor, but has an output to actually wire the signal back to the stereo receiver? Any help is appreciated!

Username: Mongo

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 3
I am successfully using Multi-Room Zone II with my DPR 1001. I know the manual and the web site information is sketchy on what you have to do to get the multi-room Zone II remote to work. You have to buy a remote infrared sensor, model HE1000A, for $60, and the only place I could find that carried this was the Harmon audio online store. Then, the sensor comes with a cord that is only about six feet long, so to reach into another room some kind of extender cable is needed. They don't make this easy by having a 3.5mm stereo plug on the end of the cord. One possibility is to buy one or more stereo headphone extension cords. It was cheaper for me to build my own, but then I am an electronics hobbyist who is pretty good with a soldering iron.

Hope this helps!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us