Bose 901's, equalizer, 601's and what kind of receiver can I get

Anonymous

I have a dilemna that I can't get a decent answer for.

I have a pair of Bose Series V 901's with equalizer and a pair of 601's. My dad gave me the 901's and they have hardly been used so please don't suggest new speakers.

I want the 2 set of speakers on different floors in my townhome.

The problem is finding the right receiver. The Bose help line people tell me I need a receiver that has either a tape monitor or pre amp out/main in.

I have been searching and calling all different manufacturers help lines and I can't get a decent response to save my soul.

Can anyone help me with a suggestion for a receiver that won't cost me a fortune.

Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6147

This has both:http://www.harmankardon.com/back.aspx?prod=HK%203380&cat=REC&sType=C&Region=USA& Country=US&Language=ENG&ImgName=HK3380B.jpg

Did the Bose help line tell you running the 901's eq with the 601's on the same speaker output (A-B switching included) is not a good idea?

Username: Cobbled_systems

Post Number: 1
depending on the power you want to pump and if you want theater surround sound, bose is correct on the specific need. i would recommend a pioneer reciever. they are very capable and usually have a great total harmonic distortion (THD) rating, .005

they are affordable and the Elite series looks very nice. ps, they come with A & B speaker selection so you can choose either or both.

as a note from experience to enhance the sound, try looking for a real time delay component. not to be confused with reverb. this requires a seperate amp but not of high power. 50 watts at most with some decent bookshelf speakers.

remember that this is only an idea and opinion that may help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us