Best speakers for NAD 773

Anonymous

I am having a hard time finding the right speakers for my NAD 773.60% is for movies so I think I need a great center channel. Help please

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 257
Anon,

What is your budget?

Some brands that work well with NAD are PSB, Paradigm, Dynaudio, Magnepan, and NHT. Which model you choose will be dependant on your budget and which dealers you have in your area.

Anonymous

My budget is 6k. But I want my system to have a great center channel speaker.

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 259
Anon,

Sorry, I can't help you too much on this one...I wish I could, but truthfully, I have not spent much time listening to speakers of that quality as I can never dream of being able to afford anything that expensive. I can honestly only give you one recommendation...that is the PSB Stratus series. I own an NAD T762 and some PSB Image series speakers (the step down from Stratus) and I LOVE the sound. Together, NAD and PSB provide a very detailed and inviting sound. With your T773 and some Stratus speakers, the sound would be KILLER!! I listened to some PSB Stratus series speakers once paired with an NAD stereo amp and the sound was simply astounding. The detail and soundstage it provded was unbelievable. Everything was so clear and precise that I actually felt like I was in a nightclub listening to a band play. PSB and NAD are owned by the same parent company, and in my mind make the perfect combination.

Retail price for the Stratus Gold is $2699 a pair while the Stratus Silers are $1899 a pair. If you opt for the Stratus Golds, be prepared, they are HUGE!! They weigh 90lbs each.

The Stratus 6i center channel retails for $799, and the Stratus Mini (surrounds) retail for $1099 a pair. Add a Stratus subsonic 7 to the mix at $999 retail, and your total price is $4800-$5600. Some dealers may give you 10-15% below retail.

There was one gentleman on the forum, Jonmoon I think, that has a T773 paired with some Martin Logan speakers and said the setup (especially the center channel) was awesome too. Martin Logan speakers are very high end, but I think they may have some speakers that would fit in your budget.

Like I said earler, Paradigm, Dynaudio, Magnepan, and NHT also go VERY well with NAD, but I am not as familar with their specific products as I am with PSB.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 40
Anon, as Johnny says you need to go out and listen to various speakers. With your budget, you have plenty of choices. All of the speakers Johnny has mentioned are worth considering and I'm sure there are others. I have Martin Logan speakers which I favored and I would suggest, if you have any inclination to look at the Clarity (about $2500 a pr) or Mosaic (about $2000 a pr) for your receiver. I have the Montages (about $1500 a pr) The center channel I have is the Fresco ($950). I had the Montages with a Phase Technology 6.5 center. When I got the Fresco, I found out what I was missing and how important it is to match timbre. It was an amazing difference. You can also put together an entire system with Frescos and ML's sub Grotto: see this link for a review:

www.soundandvisionmag.com/article.asp?print_page=y&section_id=3&article_id=544&p age_number=4&preview=

LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us