Just FREEZE it?.....................

Bronze Member
Username: Soundideas

Post Number: 33
What do you think? >>> http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue21/cryo_international_interview.htm

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6068

I think the final segment on cryogenics in industry by a man named Dr. Trucks is a hysterical "coincidence".

The major benefit of cryogenics, as I read about the concept, is in anything mechanical (unless glues are involved) and most particularly anything where friction reduction is an issue. I understand the automotive racing industry is experimenting with cryogenics to reduce friction, extend longevity and increase horsepower and torque. There was a report of experiments which indicate a conventional consumer based internal combustion engine could have the internal friction reduced by an amount that would, if pursued to that end, result in an increase in mileage of a three to five fold nature.

The implications for audio in the areas of friction reduction are obvious; though where in audio is friction of the most concern? In a turntable, of course. Is the industry going to abandon digital formats because we can make LP's sound better? We report, you decide.

The market for cryogenics in loudspeakers seems less than promising with the effect on glues and cements; other than at the extreme top end where people with those reported $10,000 DVD players are willing to pursue expensive frivolity in the desire for one-ups-manship.

Otherwise, in the areas of interconnects and reducing refringment in polycarbonate substrates, I don't see the industry movers and shakers having any interest in increasing their cost per disc. So that leaves it up to the specialty market. Which makes it just another tweak to argue over with the people who think all cables sound alike and CD cleaners are voodoo.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Here's more on Cryo Treatment...... http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/tweaks/messages/123059.html

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6086

Why are you interested in this treatment?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Why? Because it really improves your audio/video system for the better, thats why. The QuickSilver contact enhancer has been cryo'd that I posted here awhile back and you can hear and see the improvements. IsoClean Audio Grade fuses has been cryo'd, you can get some of these effects by putting things in a trash bag and then wrap it in a thick blanket and then put it in your home freezer for 48 hours and then put it in the refrigerator for 24 hours and then put it in the coldest part of your house for 24 hours, (you leave it in the trash bag and blanket through all these steps)You get even more of a effect by doing all this two times! Just try this on one of your CD's and see what you think............

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6092

The improvements you hear are ... ?

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 634
i dont think he knows, he had a brain freeze after trying the cryo on his head.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
The improvements are.....the Transparency is better.....you hear more details in the music......bigger Sound Stage......more 3D

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6093

Your system is ... ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
My system? Old Freezer Cryo'd Sony str-v5 receiver(ONE OF THE VERY BEST IN IT'S DAY AND CAN HOLD IT'S OWN WITH GOOD GEAR MADE TODAY TOO!) SDAT SB-E639 speakers(A 'REAL SLEEPER' WHEN YOU ADD MORE DAMPENING INSIDE THE CABINETS) Dakiom Feedback Stabilizers(203 series)(REALLY GREAT TWEAK) Freezer Cryo'd Mi-Rollers(RIGHT UP THERE WITH THE BEST ON THE MARKET) IsoClean Audio Grade fuses(AMAZING FOR THE PRICE!) Oyaide ac outlets(BY FAR THE BEST ON THE MARKET!) Freezer Cryo'd 12 ga. Magnet wire(BRAIDED) for speaker cables(These will AMAZE you too) QuickSilver contact enhancer(Amazing on VIDEO! GREAT ON AUDIO TOO)

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 637
is this guy for real?

Bronze Member
Username: Alphabet

Cape TownSouth Africa

Post Number: 42
Aha! Now I know what to do! I will put my remote in the freezer for 24 hours and then play "Cold as Ice" until it thaws!

Its possible to freeze a Sony until you can bring it back to life somewhere in the future once they have a discovered a cure for crappy sound!

Come on Paul, why not try freezing your CVs? Mind you a BIG freezer is required, he, he, he!

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 939
I have tried the Townshend Isolda speaker cable in both non-cryo and DCT (Deep Cryogenic Treatment) versions. The DCT definitely improves on the standard version in almost every way possible. Better pace, better resolution, more open in the treble with better bass. You name it...

There's something to this deep cryogenic treatment.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 940
Oh, and that was in my system, which is described in my profile...

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6105

But obviously what you own is not "AMAZING", "RIGHT UP THERE WITH THE BEST ON THE MARKET" or "A 'REAL SLEEPER' WHEN YOU ADD MORE DAMPENING INSIDE THE CABINETS". So why should we believe you, Frank? sf

Silver Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 947
Well, actually, I happen to believe that what I own is amazing, right up there with the best on the market, it's just that Townshend's been doing this DCT thing quietly for the last couple of years or three.

And anyway, you know you should just believe me Jan! :-)

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us