Hey thanks alot for getting back to me !!!!! can i get your opinion on this?

Roachman
Unregistered guest
hey guys thanks for responding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

! i have the pioneer VSX-1015-B just so ya know!you guys seem to know the capabilities of these toys better than me! so with this is the final answer connecting the 6- multi-channel(5.1)audio cable between the dvd and reciever or just using the single audio line on the dvd in?!! the hook up looks like this maybe you all can tell me if this is correct wrong overkill not enough ect ect!------(1) optical from the reciever(out) to the tv (in)----(2)component Video from the reciever (out) to the tv(in)--(3)optical from the dvd(out) to the reciever (in) (4)componenet video from the dvd (out) to the reciever(in) then on the back of the reciever i have of course all the speaker hookups through monster cable and pro solutions banana plugs!i used 14 gauge in wall thx certified monster line for the speakers i have all 7 speakers in the wall jbl and polk audio and my sub is a boston acoustics pv-500. everything is revolved around thx certification! lastley i have it all hooked up and powered to a monster cable power strip which also allows me to run my cable through it!!i think that about covers it! ohh and i have a cc so no need for a box

any help you all can give would be greatly appreciated!!! thanks alot guys!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Bumblebee

Post Number: 33
I would connect the video out of the DVD player directly to the TV. I would use the digital connection (coaxial and optical) from DVD player to the receiver when watching movies. For SACD/DVD-A, no choice but to use the 5.1 analog outputs.

Username: Ralphoi

Post Number: 3
bumblebee, yes BUT why not use the six analog 5.1 connections dvd(out) to the reciever (in) for music AND to watch movies as well? since it's better sound quality than the coax? why use the Coax for movies

Bronze Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 78
Digital signals are suppose to give you better sound and accuracy without degradation whereas analog has degradation and interference

Username: Ralphoi

Post Number: 4
Eric I think that's actually theoretical.

In practical terms will 1 coax/digital interconnect give the same quality as having 3 pairs of analog interconnects for direct 5.1 Out to reciver ins? considering the fact that coax/digital connects fron CD/DVD to reciever will mean the reciever's DAC is used... Please educate me

Bronze Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 81
Well I've never heard of that being theoretical. That's what I've always understood about Digital and Analog connections.

I am by no means a pro at this stuff. But I have noticed on certain sources, an analog connection has to be turned up louder and doesnt sound as good as a digital signal.

just my experience.

Bronze Member
Username: Bumblebee

Post Number: 34
If you can hear differences between digital and analog, then use the one that sounds better for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us