Has anyone heard of Aad?

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 411
i have been offered from a friend some Aad speakers for the same price as my Athena AS-B1's, they are Aad E-44s. are these speakers better quality, they retail for 4x the Athenas. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Devils_advocate

Post Number: 466
Can't say I've heard of them, but by all means listen to them and see how they sound.

Silver Member

Post Number: 412
funny i have never heard of them and they are presumably one of the best. they could just be overrated but the retail for most their speakers is $400/pair and many of their subs get up to $3000.

Silver Member

Post Number: 467
Ehh there are so many manufacturers out there its hard to keep track of them all. I doubt if I have heard of even a quarter of them.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 629
I think I saw somewhere that they are an old company who just about faded away, but is now trying to come back. I think the logo is something like A/A/D. I've never heard their speakers though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 468
I think you might be thinking of ADS Stu.

Silver Member

NYC, NY

Post Number: 630
Thanks DA, I was thinking A/D/S. I looked up AAD speakers and found some stores that carry them. At first I thought they were White Van speakers, but I guess that's were the White Van got some of their design inspiration from. Their sold at stores that sell other high end stuff. How good they sound is another thing. They are legit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 413
Ya their website is
www.aadaudio.com
they look like nice stuff i just wish you guys were familiar with them. most of their website reviews are in chinese since they are famous in Asia and made their too.
i wonder if the E-44s are better than the Athena AS-B1s, or at least as clear but "warmer" would be nice. they cost 4x the amount.
most places say they are comparable to sililoque speakers, have you guys heard these?

Silver Member

NYC, NY

Post Number: 632
I think they are white van speakers. The AAD I was thinking of stands for American Acoustic Development. Even though the website you linked to looks nice, it could be a fake one like the Theater Research one.

I'm not sure if they are White Van quality or not. It seems very shady. I MSN'ed AAD loudspeakers and came up with completely different speakers, prices, etc than you did. I also looked on e-bay and found different stuff that I have definately seen with the name Theater Research before, which leads me to believe that AAD is their new scam.

I wouldn't do any where near them, but that's just me.

Silver Member

NYC, NY

Post Number: 633
Sorry - I wouldn't go anywhere near them...

Silver Member

Post Number: 472
On audioreview.com they don't seem to have much, but there are like 5 positive reviews there... (for AAD that is)

Silver Member

Post Number: 414
ya you guys should check this out. AAD is American Acoustic Development.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5814987986%26&sspagename= STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT%26

nice lookin sub, i wonder if this guys stories and prices are BS?

Silver Member

NYC, NY

Post Number: 636
I would call up a few stores that carry them and ask a few questions.

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1090
AAD is good speaker company their designer is from the states and he has had his hand some great design for other companies.They have a bigger market in Europe than the US,which they are relatively unknown,"What Hi Fi" has had a couple reviews on them,I have couple of those reviews.Their president of distrubution is from the UK which explains their popularity in the UK

Silver Member

Post Number: 415
do you think their E-44 bookshelfs would sound better than my Athena AS-B1s?

speakerjunkie
Unregistered guest
Looks like AAD (American Acoustic Dev.) was founded by Phil Jones - Very respected developer - http://www.philjonesbass.com/History/HISTORY%20PAGE1.htm# -
I'm guessing that he engineers them and has them manufactured in China. He built a $175k speaker system! His bass guitar amps are supposed to be great.

speakerjunkie
Unregistered guest
oh - and another thing... NEVER EVER!!!! buy speakers without auditioning them first!!! Just don't do it - EVER!!!

Silver Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 114
give them a listen and see what you think after you hear them, and then make up your mind. There are way too many companies out there nowadays to keep track of.

Just some years ago, Athena didn't even exist, so ya never know.

Bronze Member
Username: Pbdr

Post Number: 60
Someof the subs are pretty nice looking. Go here http://www.aadaudio.com/subwoofer.htm and check out he "substantial" or the "milenium".

However, nice looking does not necessarily equal nice sounding.

But from the above posts they seem to be legit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us