Paradigm CC-470 or CC-570?

Username: Mukaudio

Post Number: 4
Currently my system consists of Paradigm Studio 20s up front, a CC-370, and a Seismic 10.

I'm definitely going to upgrade that CC-370... I'm also thinking of upgrading the Studio 20s to a pair of Studio 60s.

If I stick with the Studio 20s, the CC-470 seems like a no brainer.

However, I noticed that the CC-570 has a bass driver (as does the Studio 60). If I get the Studio 60s, is the CC-570 a better match?

I'm just wondering when (if ever) it's worth spending the extra $200 to get the CC-570.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1853
I am using the CC470 with my Studio 40/20 setup and believe it is a perfect match. I think you could use either but that the CC570 is not really a given unless you are using the Studio 100's for fronts.

ajpoe
Unregistered guest
I have studio 60s and use a CC-470 and ADP-470s. They all match very well. Either center will work... the center channel is said by most to be the most important speaker in your setup. If you have extra cash laying around I'd get the 570... If you need to put in on a TV or want to save a bit, get the 470. I'm sure you'll be happy with either.

Anonymous

Hi Art,
Have you get a chance to compare ascend speakers to studios?
what do you use for Sub if I listen to music 60% vs 40% HT
Ascend and hsu combo have been getting a good review but they nevr compare them to studio line

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1956
No and I wouldn't as I'm satisfied with my speakers. I'm sure the Ascends are fine but not in the same league. I have two subs one for music, the Era Acoustics Sub 10 and another for HT, the Hsu VTF-2 mk2.

Username: Mukaudio

Post Number: 5
Well, I ended up stretching and going for Studio 100s as my front upgrade. So that made the center channel decision easy! So in two weeks I will have some magnetically shielded Studio 100s and a CC-570 to play with. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us