Outdoor speakers for porch

Bronze Member
Username: Mark_mcintosh

Gastonia, NC USA

Post Number: 25
I just built a screened porch and I need some speakers to put out there. I have some Baby Advents left over from a previous life's stereo system, but am I correct that the moisture and humidity would ruin them? These just need to be good (not great speakers) since the music will never be really cranked like it is inside. I am not opposed to ordering direct from an internet company if it means better value, so please give me some suggestions. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Mojoracer

Post Number: 13
check out Crutchfield.com, they carry Infinity indoor/outdoor speakers. I picked up 4 KLHs at Costco for $150 that do a real nice job in my pool area....

Bronze Member
Username: Loce

Lilburn, GA

Post Number: 14
I have been enjoying a pair of Cambridge Audio Outdoor speakers (no model number--just called Outdoor on the back) for nearly a decade. They are what I would call good quality, not great, and sound very fine when hanging out in the patio area under the screened porch. I've been able to get more than ample volume and the sealed boxes seem impervious to the elements.

Username: Chrise

Post Number: 8
I ended up getting a pair of JBL outdoors. Can't remember the model #, but they are 2 way have the 5 1/4 woofer. They come with a swivel wall mount.

They were $150 at Onecall. I am happy with them. They are tough, too. I dropped one from about 8' the other day when I was hurricane-proofing my backyard.

Chris
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us