Speaker placement in L room

Bronze Member
Username: Marica

Post Number: 13
Where should I set 2 speakers (stereo), in L shaped room.

Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 1212
Marica, your question is too broad to definitively answer. Where is your primary listening post? What type of speakers? What type of bass response are you seeking? These are just a few questions that must be addressed.

The MOFO has spoken.

Bronze Member
Username: Marica

Post Number: 15
Actually I need sound as evenly distributed all over the room as possible. I'm aware that this leeds to many compromises, but those are my priorities. I need just a simple rule for placing 2 speakers in such a room.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1213
Room dimensions?

The MOFO inquires.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5898

Put "Speaker Placement" into a search engine and you will get several set up possibilities. These are all meant to get the best performance out of the system. Even distribution depends more on the loudspeaker design than it does placement alone. Most rooms are fairly reflective when it comes to sound and too much distribution is often what you have to control.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 922
Marica, it's usually on the wall with the longest dimension. That said we usually describe the location of the speakers in relation to your main listening position. The relationship is such that the speakers should be set apart by a distance less than or equal to the distance of each speaker to your listening position so you form an isosceles triangle (or an equilateral triangle in the case the distances are equal).

Once this triangle is maintained you will get the best reproduction for your favourite listening position. However, room reflections affect how the sound is propagated in the rest of the room. If the speakers are placed on the longer wall, then they have less reflections from side walls interfering with the sound, and the distance travelled by all the sound is lower, giving a more uniform soundscape generally.

I hope this helps...

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1217
Frank, that's why I sought dimensions. Both legs of L could be equal or unequal.

The MOFO has spoken.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us