Idiot's Question About Receivers/Others Misposted

Username: Craig

Post Number: 2
Hi:

I am a complete novice re electronics but I do have $ 7,000 or so to spend on a home theatre system, excluding speakers---which I already have. The system will go into a relatively bright room (hardwood floors) of about 21 by 15 feet.

My speaker system---which I have limited short term choice on since they were purchased by my wife and she doesn't want "big speakers"---is the Bose Accoustimass 15. Not my first choice from the little I know---but I have to work around these for the moment. My long term plan is an upgrade/change---but this may take a few years. I have speakers in a second room, Bose 301s---but here I might be able to convince my wife of a change, since these are already pretty large speakers in her view.

I am primarily concerned about the receiver and have been looking at the ONKYO TXNR 801, the INTEGRA DTR 5.4 or 6.4, or the PIONEER Elite VSX 53TX. But I am completely open to suggestion.

I am looking for a flat panel HD Plasma TV in the 42" or 50" range. No ideas here. Maybe Panasonic or Toshiba.

I am completely clueless about CD or DVD players, except that I have been told it makes sense to have a DVI interface, which (by my limited understanding) converts analaog signals for more efficient HD TV use.

The use is about 1/3 music, 1/3 ordinary television and 1/3 DVD.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated, particularly as to receiver, CD and DVD choices.

Thanks in Advance for even the most limited suggestions.

Craig

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 478
Craig:

I posted a response on your other thread!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us