Newbie here searching for advice

Unregistered guest
Hello all. I'm currently upgrading my home theater system -- that is to say ... getting one. I'm getting a Samsung 61" DLP, and looking for speakers and a receiver to accompany it. Since this is the speaker thread, I'll start there. I've made the requisite visit to the local Bose store, and am not convinced that the acoustimass system is as good as I'd like it to be. The sound was decent, but I left the store relatively unimpressed. I do like the space saving aspect of the system however. At anyrate, I wanted to consult some experts for an opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if this question is asked rather frequently, but I skimmed these posts...and came up relatively empty. If you could, please provide some comparably priced...say...1100 or so...speaker sets -- that either out perform Bose, or perform as well for less money -- and if there are other speaker systems that take up little space, I'd be interested in hearing about those as well. Lastly, and I know I'm asking a lot -- if you have a recommendation regarding a A/V receiver that I should pick up -- I'd be interested as well. About the only component I've settled on -- is the Denon 2900 hybrid dvd player. Thanks in advance.

Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 6
I think you can find just about ANYTHING that is more up to date, and more modern - esp for the money than BOSE. NAD's A/V equipment is well received in American, British and European mags; and I own nothing but NAD and it is very reliable. Your selection of the DENON 2900 combo player is a very sound choice. You'll do fine. Have you auditioned the Wharfedale Diamond home theater system. Great sound for the money; the kevlar drivers have very low distortion.

Unregistered guest
Thanks Chico, I've looked those up, and they do look interesting -- now if only I can find a dealer, where I can audition them. Does anyone else have any further suggestions??
Thanks,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us