NAD 743 opinions

Username: Bien

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone, I am a newbie, and I just wanted the opinion of the NAD T743. I have be hearing that although the NAD receivers sound good, that there are a lot of problems and issues with NAD. Any thoughts and experiences with the NAD T743 would be appreciated.
Would I just be better off getting the HK AVR-640 or AVR-7200 over the NAD 743?
Thanks,
Bien

Bronze Member
Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 100
Bien,

You risk having problems with any brand of receivers. As you might have read on this board, there have been some well-documented problems with NAD receivers. But you should remember for each reported problem there are many of us who haven't had any.

I've been enjoying the T743 for the past three months. It is an excellent unit that produces great sound for movies and music. You should get it if that is important to you and you're not looking for too many features. For example, the 743 only supports 5.1 surround. If you're looking for a 6.1 or 7.1 system, then you should look elsewhere. The Marantz 7200, which you're also considering, will offer more features and can be got for a good price at this time since it's a discontinued model. Also keep in mind that the 7200 is a huge unit that takes up a lot of space, whereas the T743 is much smaller and can fit on smaller shelves.

For me, it came down to sound quality for the price and the NAD came out on top. You may have a different preference in sound so should audition these units. In a nutshell, take a look at the features, sound quality, and size of the receivers.

Hope this helps and good luck on your purchase.

Post Number: 2
Thanks, I also wanted the sound quality for the price over other functions which I may not use. Although I enjoyed the T753, I can't afford the price difference just yet. I ordered the T743 and it should be here in a couple.
Do you feel that the 50watts x 5 is enough for your listening needs? How does it compare to the 70 watts x 5 of the T753?

Thanks for the help.

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 263
Bien Kim,

I guess it is really a hind sight sort of thing now since you have already ordered the T743. :-) It has been my experience from reading this forum that the 743 should be plenty of power for most people considering they have relatively efficient speakers and aren't trying to fill up a huge space with sound. All NAD receivers are very powerful and have loads of head room. When a NAD says 50 watts x 5...believe it...it might actually be more. Compare that to a 50w x 5 Onkyo which probably would be lucky to actually hit 25 watts per channel when rated in the same manner as the NAD. So really, the 743 should be more than adequate for your needs. You would likely hear no difference between the 743 and the 753 at normal listening levels.

Post Number: 3
Yeah,
I guess I am trying to justify to myself that I made the right decision by going with the T743 rather than waiting and saving for the T753.

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 62
Somebody said that there was a clear difference between the T743 and T763. The T763 sounded warmer an fuller. Dont know about T753.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us