SOLO ( new ARCAM's integrated/cdp )

Anonymous

Hi ,

Anyone knows how this integrated sounds ( cdp is based on ARCAM's CD73 ).
If this amp is fine it's a bargain , IMO .

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 903
It's a good unit but needs to be matched to sympathetic speakers in my opinion. It works well with B&W DM600s, Totem Dreamcatchers and Mites, Naim n-Sats. It doesn't like heavy load speakers such as Dynaudio. It's not as good as an Arcam CD73T and amp.

Another unit well worth looking at for less money is the NAD L53.

Regards,
Frank.

Anonymous

Thanks , Frank

I knew the L53 ( NAD always has an answer :-) ) .But I'll consider your speakers suggestions to SOLO .

You guys here are always extremely helpful .

Regards ,

Anonymous

It's me again .
Look at the reviews I found about SOLO . It seems that the amplifier surpasses ARCAM A65 PLUS ,with more power and detail .As it includes the CD73 and a Tuner the price is not so bad .

http://www.audiophilesystems.com/arcam/ReviewsSOLO.htm

Regards ,

Silver Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 907
Yes yes I know, but I have played with the unit quite a bit and it's OK as I said above, but you'd be surprised at how good the NAD unit is when you consider it's 40% of the price...your call.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member
Username: Brittho

Frisco, TX USA

Post Number: 102
http://stereophile.com/cdplayers/307/

Another option to view and stew on. If you are looking to spend around 2 grand Linn should also be on your list to audition. The NAD Frank mentioned would be the best bargin. If you have 2 grand burning a hole then Linn would be my personal frontrunner. My wife loved the Solo until she found out how much they wanted for it.

Silver Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 913
Indeed, the Linn is a good performer too. I haven't had the opportunity to do the direct A/B comparison, and I'm not sure which way the vote would go quite honestly...

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us