Velodyne SPL-800 Subwoofer??

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_t

Post Number: 75
I'm looking to upgrade my sub and unfortunitely I have to keep it small, is anyone using the Velodyne SPL-800 Subwoofer or listened to it and what are your thoughts on it... Thanks

Username: Arland_rae

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 2
I realy like this sub. I have it and a Paradgim PW 2100 hooked up to a Denon 1803 Receiver. The paradigm is the better sub but it is bigger. The velodine is now labeled the Mini Vee. I think the Mini Vee is the best small sub availabe.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 420
Well, not much woofer specification data is available online, but from what is available, there are the following pros and cons;

Cons;

It is just an 8" driver.

Pros;

It comes in a small enclosure, and it is a forward firing sub instead of down firing. Down firing a sub may increase volume, but in the long run it will weaken the suspension and you will get sloppy bass. Forward firing is better because the suspension is not affected. Even though subharmonic frequencies are believed to be non-directional, there is an audible difference between a sub firing straight at your ears, and one that is not facing you at all. Try it and se for yourself. There is a cleaner and more live sound coming from forward firing subs.

To make a better analogy would be to identify what some of the specs are.

Bl
Qts
Qms
Qes
Mms
Cms
dB
Fs
Znom
Vas
Xmax

A true frequency response graph would also help. Last but not least you would have to listen to it to make a thorough decision.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us