Alpine amp/sub help...

Adamturbotastic
Unregistered guest
Need help...

Basically i purchased a set of 12"Alpine R-type subs (2ohm ones) and Alpine mrd-1000 amp to run them 2 0hm.

Now for the last 4 months ive had the kit installed ive never had the subs sounding like they should be :-(

Ive gone to loads of places and friends with similiar set-ups and still cant get the subs running right.

When i bought the kit it was running before we took it out my mates car..so knackered subs etc aint the case here.

I think maybe the actual wiring of the subs to the amps must be the problem? I was told to run the positive to positive and negative to negative to the amp etc..that sounded terrible on hook up..then loop the left sub (in the twin box) to the right sub and then to the amp. That sounded better but still the subs dont pump how they should i.e. loud base. When the headunit Alpine 9812rb is put to 20 on volume control..the subs literally run way outta phase. All wiring is fine...do u think maybe a powercap is the answer?

Cheers Adam

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 578
"I think maybe the actual wiring of the subs to the amps must be the problem?"

That's not your problem. It's deeper rooted than that. Your problem is that you're in the HOME AUDIO section.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1727
The wiring is all messed up. They're definitely DVC coil subs, and I have no doubt you also wired them to a resistance lower than the amp should handle.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp

That wiring wizard should help you wire them right.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us