Sherwood Receivers

Bronze Member
Username: Kidstereo

Post Number: 21
I would like somebody to tell me all they know about Sherwood receivers. I want to know if they sound warm or bright, dynamic or tinny, and whether or not they lack bass.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2048
They don't seem to have very honest power ratings:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Hollow/3401/ratevsac.htm?20055

Bronze Member
Username: Kidstereo

Post Number: 26
That's great, Eddie. Thanks for the help. However, I would like to know how they sound. And, please, DO NOT criticize me for sounding like a broken record, because I take offense to criticism really easily!

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 2092
I don't think you sound like a broken record. That would be Paul.

as for the thread topic, I had a Sherwood stereo receiver back in the early 90s, bought it at the time as a student because it was dirt cheap, ended up exchanging it for a Pioneer that cost an extra $60 and sounded much better.

This was back before everyone and their cousin claimed to put out 100wpc.

Gold Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 1115
In my experience, Sherwood tends toward the warm side. In some ways, for the money, they are amazing. I bought an inexpensive Sherwood receiver for my boys about 10 years ago. For almost 8 years, they played it every day and usually left it on all night. They used it for movies, music and gaming (audio only)-sometimes blasting it out, sometimes barely audible. And it is still going strong. Think I may have paid $125 for it new. Amazing!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us