Question about subwoofers

Anonymous

I'm New at this,and feel really stupid asking, but i was wondering do you have to have an amp to hook up a subwoofer to your home system i have the subwoofers, but i don't have the cash right now for an amp and i was wondering if you could hook it up?and if so do i need any special cords or hook ups if i can hook it up, thanks alot everyone

Anonymous

also, a friend of mine said that you can hook up the subs into your home cd player can you do taht too?? i feel braindead about all this

Paul N.
Unregistered guest
also, i heard that you can hook up your subs to your Home cd player, do you have to have a different hook up for this too or what?

Username: Onlinebanking

Post Number: 5
if you want you could hook it up within the amp u have for the house... use a sepereate speaker terminal and u will need a crossover for it... generally u can build one with the right amount of capacitors... u'll have to check the ohm's versius the caps and the voltage out however... might want to just get a cheap amp from radioshack for a car that has a crossover and also but a cheap power inverter for the house... but it's up to you... good luck

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2488
If you dont have an amp, then how are you powering your current system???

Without an AV receiver or amp, you wont be able to power any external speakers or subwoofer.

Username: Korn_27

Caddy, Mi USA

Post Number: 1
my amp is on the way, it's coming next monday I was just wondering if it could work in the mean time without the amp...

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2501
Nope,
Running a home theater without a receiver will take you about as far as a car without an engine.

Caddy, Mi USA

Post Number: 2
oh, i didn't know that...
whats a good reciever, and where could i get one for a good price

Caddy, Mi USA

Post Number: 3
Paul,"Paul_ohstbucks" what do you have for a system i'm curious i'm just starting out and getting a feel for the whole thing

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1428
Paul's system is here:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/135520.html

Caddy, Mi USA

Post Number: 10
thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums