B&W 602 or Totem Mite for NAD?????

Bronze Member
Username: Eieiei0101x

Post Number: 56
What would you like better for Jazz listening with a NAD C320 BEE. Mites or 602s?

Thanks a lot

Mr Bowers
Unregistered guest
Don't know the Totems, but the 602's with Marantz are wonderful for Jazz and pretty much every other music genre.

Bronze Member
Username: Brittho

Frisco, TX USA

Post Number: 91
Hey Eduardo,

Read the Stereophile on the 602 S3's from the August issue. According to Robert Reina:

"With the DM603 S3, I just wanted to play jazz, jazz, and more jazz. On Dizzy Gillespie's The Ebullient Mr. Gillespie (LP, Verve MGV 8326), my notes on Diz's trumpet sound read "bite, bloom, and air." The speaker's sophisticated transient articulation and detail resolution, combined with tonal purity from the lower midrange to the highs, portrayed a more natural rendition of a recorded jazz piano than I'd heard before. Ditto for percussion. On Herbie Hancock's Maiden Voyage (LP, Blue Note BVP 4195), I was riveted by Tony Williams' stunning and vibrant toms and ride cymbal during "Survival of the Fittest."

Sounds like an excuse for an audition. Take your NAD C320BEE with you and hook it up to hear for yourself but this sounds like a good match. I have also heard NAD with other similar speakers with Jazz and it is a good combination. The B&W 6 series IMHO is their best deal for someone getting started.

I did not know if the 602's that you are auditioning were the bookshelf or the floorstander speakers. If they are the bookshelf then at least the result should be similar to the review linked since the same driver and tweeter are being used. But the bass output will be different due to the box and the lack of a seperate bass speaker.

You may have already found this but here is a link to the review.

http://stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/805bw/

Happy shopping and I hope you have allot of fun on the audition! :-)

The reviewer had an Audio Resarch amp for the review. (drool) Which happens to my favorite high end amp and what I will upgrade to when I can go for that.

Britt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us