Paradigm monitor 11s

Dave0123
Unregistered guest
I've just bought a set of monitor 11s, and plan on buying the cc370 center, and adp370 surounds. They were being run by a CA 540r reciver that sounded great, but I am also looking at a couple of NADs. Any recomedations on recivers?

Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 10
I have found that NAD equipment works quite well with Paradigm speakers. If you get a multi-channel NAD A/V amp or integrated amp or receiver do yourself a favor buy selecting an NAD model with as much wattage as you can afford. I would certainly invest in at least some $200 speaker cables/interconnects to optimize the sound. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 2
Dave0123:

Caught your post last post on the Polk board. First off -truce. I agree, people need to get and listen. I was going to get the NAD t-762, but knew that the T-763 coming soon. NAD's get good reviews for their sound quality and for making their claimed power specs. Speaking of listening around, the "botique" shop where I bought my Paradigm Mini Monitors had some of the 7's and 9's hooked up to Marantz receivers and they sounded pretty sweet. I A - B'ed those speakers on the Marantz and a Denon 3803 and like the Marantz better. Unfortunately, I have some cabinet depth restrictions that kept me from getting the Marantz, but if you have a Marantz dealer near you, it might be worth a look. Sounds like you have plans for putting together a killer system. Good Luck,

Dave0123
Unregistered guest
Chicobiker
Thanks for the advice. I actually have about $120 worth of new cables/interconnects coming off the old system & will be buying more for each new speaker & component. Do you have any favorites? I like the Artic sp-214 that my local dealer recommend, but the only interconnects I have any first hand experence with is Monster.
Riches1
Thank you for the post,& sorry about the incident on the Polk board.

I was starting to settle on the T-753 or T-763, but have seen mention of an NAD hum. Is this kind of limited to older models or still something I need to be concerned with. A buddy of mine who used to install Denon(among other home systems) found them to be problematic at best,but he hasn't been in this field for 2 or 3 years.(I know these things can and do change)All of my "local" dealers or actually in New Orleans(about an hours drive) but I will make it a point to go listen to Marantz on my next trip.

Bronze Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 12
Monster cable, I have found, generally AFFECTS the sound, but isn't necessarily what I recommend. I find that Straight Wire offers the best in neutrality, detail, and price/value. NAD's do not hum, that is a problem with your house wiring, or an old dusty receptacle in your wall. NAD power supplies are quite reliable and stable.

Dave0123
Unregistered guest
Chicobiker
Cool thanks for the info.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us