NAD CDP - New Models ?

Coffee Beans
Unregistered guest
Hi,
Anybody know when NAD is going to release new CDP models? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 524
No news yet but I would imagine an upgrade is due soon, They usually go about every 2 years or so. Besides the new Master Series, nothing on the immediate horizon.

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 124
I spoke with a guy at YAWA and he told me there is a consumer electronics shoe in Vegas in January.
He stated at this show NAD will release it's new models, I asked specifically about the cdp. I own a 541i and moving to a 542 is really a lateral move, if I go with a new cdp I want a noticeable improvement.

Username: Stephen_m

Post Number: 7
It is unlikely that NAD will be showing any new models other than Master's Series at CES in January.

Bronze Member
Username: Fatelvis

Post Number: 11
If you want an improvement from the 541i -- check out the Arcam CD73. For a really big move forward, the CD192. But then you are into the big bucks. The 541i/542 is an excellent CD player... you will definitely need to spend quite a lot more to get more.

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 139
I am waiting for nad to update the 542 and then perhaps make a move. I acknowledge that I will still be at a price point where significant improvment may not be available.

Bronze Member
Username: Konoyaro

San Francisco, CA United States

Post Number: 27
Apparently NAD will be releasing a new Universal player, the T585 which is based on the M55. Supposed to be available in May...

Milagro
Unregistered guest
http://www.av123.com/products_product.php?section=processors&product=48.1

blows the NAD 542/541 clear out of the water for less money. This is basically a souped up Music Hall CD25.

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 140
In appearance most would agree, as far as what is used internally and the sound produced I would have to say you are wrong.

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 344
Yeah it's got Burr-Brown 24 bit DACs like the Nad but I'd take Nad gear anyday.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 960
I haven't been impressed with any Music Hall product I've heard.

Username: Starbucks

Post Number: 3
Any news when the new NAD CDP (successor for 542) will release? May as well?

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 141
I emailed nad awhile back and they told me no plans were in the works. I would imagine with the 542 creeping up on three years of age and it bascially being a 541i just tweaked that a redesigned player would be in order.

Milagro
Unregistered guest
I love NAD's amps and receivers but have always found their CDPs disappointing. In this case the Music Hall simply had a more dynamic and musical character, compared to the 542 which sounded almost hollow. YMMV of course.

Username: Starbucks

Post Number: 4
Milagro,
Any other CDP u recommend that around the same budget as 542 ?

Bronze Member
Username: Crazyhorse

Post Number: 27
i currently own a NADT533 DVD-A player that i also use for CD duties, and am in the position to buy a NAD 541i Will i experience enough of a quality difference between the two?
I am running it through a NAD T743 AV amp with Monitor Audio B2 speakers
cheers

Silver Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 172
I logged on to ASK US A QUESTION on NAD's webiste about any replacements due for the 542I, for those of us who can't afford MASTERS series! The reply from NAD is that one should be in later in 2006; I fully expect the British audio magazines should have info/pix on it soon.

Silver Member

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 346
Adam, you would notice a slight improvement on audio playback but not night & day to be honest. The Nad dvd players have very good audio capabilities, much better than their actual visual playback. The 541i will have a little better bass but you really want to be looking at a bigger jump in price to beat the T533 hands down.

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 142
Really, a new nad cdp in 2006, excellent, I know what I am getting myself for my birthday !

Bronze Member
Username: Rjw1138

Regina, SK Canada

Post Number: 18
Adam,

I demoed the C521Bee and T533, and the C521Bee was significantly better. Not "night and day" perhaps, but if you're picky, have good ears, want the best for your money, etc., the 521 was better. Now the C541i is supposed to be even better than the C521Bee, though I haven't heard it. Following this logic, yeah, the C541i should be better than the T533. Is it worth it to you? Only your ears and wallet can decide that. As Sun King suggested, you may need a bigger price differential to make it worth it. Bottom line anyways, as always, "Listen for yourself!"

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 143
a rumor I had heard
Someone on the ecoustics website said they asked you a question concerning a replacement for the c542. The person stated that he was told by you that a replacement would be out later in 2006. I hope it is true cause I will buy one :o)...
Karen Pritchard
03-10-2006
10:59 re: a rumor I had heard
Hi Joseph,

As you know, NAD is always working on new and innovative products, and we are working on our next generation of units. However, I do not have a definite release dates on any new models at this time.

Best regards,

Karen Pritchard

Bronze Member
Username: Crazyhorse

Post Number: 28
i have to say, i really did find a "night and day difference". the detail, soundstage etc is amazing. I have been listening to a lot of DVDA, and thought the cd was dead, but the C541i has brought a whole new dimension to my redbooks!

Silver Member

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 351
I'm glad Adam. I knew there was going to be a difference, I just would have thought to make it worth your while you'd have been better off spending a bit more. Guess I was wrong!

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4001
Just to say that I, too, thought CD was on its way out, and used an NAD T533. Two weeks ago I bought a Rega Apollo CD player and that has changed my mind; there is just more coming off the CDs than I ever heard before.

I still think the T533 is an excellent machine for the money, and for all the things it does, and does well.

Username: Noddy

Post Number: 1
On the subject of the T585 universal DVD-A / SACD player, I have just found this press release:

NAD INTRODUCES NEW UNIVERSAL DVD PLAYER COMPATIBLE WITH DVD-AUDIO AND SACD DISCS
http://www.hometoys.com/news.php4?section=view&id=14464394

Retail is $1199 which is a giant leap from the $499 my T533 retailed for, and much more than I expected

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1915
Ouch, that is more than I expected too.

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 848
That price seems fair if the quality of the player is up to standard of the Denon 3910 and Marantz DV9600. This player has quality components and similar weight and specs to the M55. I'll be looking forward to the reviews.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us