What amps would be best to use?

Username: Texasholdemkid

Post Number: 1
hey guys whats the best amps around?

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 543
Amps that amplify sound and don't blow up in the process.

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 347
the one that has the sound that YOU prefer.

you want to rattle the walls... then probably solid state

you want a lush midrange... probably tubes

then you can get into various ends of the tonal spectrum from warm to polite to neutral to dry to ruthlessly revealing

there is no "perfect amp"

right now, halcro seems to be getting the most "best amp in the world" reviews, but some reviewers think they're too dry. regardless... you're not looking for $20,000 amps are you?

the perfect amp is the one that meets your sonic priorities and that mates well with the rest of your gear. there's too many variables to give a simple question.

if you put 50 audiophiles in a room, they'll swear on 30 or more different amps as the best.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 715
It generally depends on the speakers (their sensitivity) and how many channels of amplification you need--is it for home theatre or stereo? It also depends on your room size, budget, and whether you want or need an amp or could use a receiver.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6275

A straight wire with gain. Has been for over fifty years.

Unregistered guest
hi i have a hifonics bx2005d do this amp is really good and wath kind of speaker can u recomend i have 4 audiobahns aw1206t those are the flame q subs and can handle 1100 watts rms each one please tell me if my hifonics is a solid amp or not and what subs can u recomend for my amp if those speakers arent too good oh i want spl sound thank u

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1017
I get the feeling that kit is destined for car audio. If so, you might want to pose your wuery in the car Audio forum where there are people who know what you're talking about.

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1018
I get the feeling that kit is destined for car audio. If so, you might want to pose your query in the car Audio forum where there are people who know what you're talking about.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member
Username: Fps_dean

Williamstown, MA USA

Post Number: 131
Ask me, I'll say the Mcintosh MA6900. Ask someone else they will tell you something else. Ask someone else and they will say something different.

Knowing what I just said will always be true, if you take budget minded's advice and put 50 audiophiles in a room, and there's a good chance they end up killing each other :P

Silver Member
Username: Fps_dean

Williamstown, MA USA

Post Number: 132
I will add to what I said, and say that the best amp is one that has capacitors and either transistors or tubes and places to put wires to other stuff on the back, and maybe a button labeled either "p1mp it" or "kick a#@" on it to boost the bass because we all know lots of bass = lots of women :-)

Kram
Unregistered guest
Has anybody heard if the Norh Le Amp 2? If so, what is your opinion on it's acoustic quality?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us