Help connecting amp to Panasonic Mini System

you kn0ws it
Unregistered guest
ok i have a Panasonic SCAK630 mini system and i want to know how to connect an amp up to it i ned to know which terminals it needs to connect to the stereo, eg via phono, aux, speaker terminal..etc or whatever. im posting this again as the other thread was deleted

yeadon
Unregistered guest
the audio out or anyout if it has one if it doesnt take the source and split the line before you plug the line at the stereo. but it should have a aux out line thats your best bet

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 514
you knowSHit,

What knind of amp are you trying to use? Is it a home amp or a car amp?

It's most likely impossible. It should only work if you have a pre-out/main in loop, which is highly unlikely. If you have a tape in/out loop, I think it would work too, but I haven't tried that one before, so I couldn't tell you exactly how to do it.

If you had a car amp with speaker level inputs and had a way to power it, that could work. That's a whole other can or worms though.

Username: Barbara

Post Number: 9
Stu

Paul is so rude and yet I think you will give this woman's P-U-S-S-Y a good L-I-C-KING out....

you kn0ws it
Unregistered guest
its a home amp stu, well its actually a dj amp if theres any difference but i dont know. could you please explain to me what a pre out/main in loop is?
cheers

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 517
A pre-out/main in loop is a way of seperating the pre-amp section from the power amp section of a receiver. They are found on the back. It is basically 2 sets of RCA's labeled pre-out and main in, and connected to each other by a U shaped copper bar. If you take out the bar and hook up an amp to the pre-out section, this will bypass the receiver's power amp. If you hook a pre amp into the main in section, this will bypass the receiver's pre-amp section. I seriously doubt that your set up has this feature. Not that it's impossible though.

To use your amp, you would most likely need a pre-amp. This controls the volume, and selects the inputs. You can find them pretty cheap if you look around. Check out jandr.com. They should have some DJ pre-amps, and home pre-amps for pretty cheap.

Also, if your looking to use a DJ amp, make sure it can handle the impedence of the speakers. I have very little experience with DJ pre-amps, so I don't know what their typical impedence capibilities are.

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 335
it's doubtful that a shelf system will have pre/outs. they are usually designed to be closed systems. you might have some inputs (aux/video/tape etc.) but that won't help you.

the most likely way to feed another amp from your system is the rec. out loop for an external tape deck if it has one and as stu said, you'll still need a way to control your volume.

a REALLY cheesy workaround would be to feed your big amp from your shelf unit's headphone out jack, but make sure you start at zero volume as headphone signals are alot louder than line level i think.

if your amp has onboard volume controls, you could make it work one way or the other but you're asking your system to do what it wasn't designed for.

DJ preamps work at normal line level and phono level volumes. if you're only planning on using the shelf unit to the amp, you can get really nice behringer mixers for just $50. they sound really good and use ALPS faders which are high grade.

i love my little behringer. it has 2 killer phantom powered mic preamps. as well as 8 possible line ins & a tape loop too. it's smaller and cheaper than a DJ mixer and i bet better sounding.

really, if you wanted to DIY, you could just buy a stero potentiometer (aka pot... volume control) and feed your amp passively for about $5 in parts.

the cheapest and easiest route would be the headphone jack to amp path as you could use the deck's volume control, but you'd have to be careful not to overload.

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 336
one other thing i forgot to mention is step down transformers. at about $5 each, you could get 2 of them to turn your deck's amplifier into a preamp level output, but you'd be adding the amp's distortion to the signal.

you can get step down transformers any place that sells car audio gear probably.

i bought a pair to record of the surround channels in my reciever which doesn't have pre-outs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us