Ipod mini help

Username: Atom102486

Billerica, MA USA

Post Number: 1
When I plugg my ipod into my computer, it does not register and no little symbol shows up in the lower right-hand corner of the screen to indicate that my computer has detected the ipod plugged into the usb port. Also my ipod does not show the do not disconnect screen. However my ipod still charges and i can listen to the music that is allready on it. But since my comp doesnt register i cant use itunes. Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3958
has it always been like this or is it something new?

Do you have any other "removable disk drives" on your computer?

Billerica, MA USA

Post Number: 2
This is something new that just started ahppening. It was working fine but then when i upgraded itunes it said that the software that comunicates with my ipod to itunes was not installed correctly and to reinstall to app. So i did that but now the problem i described is happening.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3959
try restoring your pc to an earlier time when it was working
do not update your itunes program if it is already working right. there is nothing on the update that really benefits those whose ipods are already working properly.

Billerica, MA USA

Post Number: 3
Im not sure that will work because my comp work when I plugged in my friends ipod. Even on his computer it did not register. I think the problem may lie within my ipods connection from the wire to the computer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3960
There in lies the problem. You are using another person's iPod. Go to the apple.com website and do a search "multiple iPods" on one pc.

Billerica, MA USA

Post Number: 4
The problem is that my ipod stoped working before i tried my friends ipod on my computer. So i dont think that the promblem is with multiple ipods, but then again i am not an expert.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3986
Okay then, check the wires and then try to see if you can restore the pc back.

Billerica, MA USA

Post Number: 5
I some how fixed my ipod this morning by holding the menu button down and bringing up the apple symbol. Then when i plugged it in it worked! thanx to everyone how gave me suggestions. Appriciate it!!

Julia Powell
Unregistered guest
I plugged in the iPod mini in and nothing happened. There was no eject button and no safely remove harware button. In my impatience I decided to just diconnect it since it wasn't transferring music. Now even when it is unplugged it says Do Not Disconnect. I tried holding down the Menu button but the lock symbol is stuck on it ever since I unplugged it even though it is no longer locked. Any suggestions? I could really use them since this is my sister's iPod and she's going to be pissed when she finds out I broke it.

Unregistered guest
my friend was listing to music on my ipod and he gave it back to me and it is stuck on the same song and it says play but there is no sound and the battery level isnt canghing and none of the bottons work

Unregistered guest
i went 2 listen 2 my ipod the other day and all my songs are gone!! evry single one! they r on my itunes so it said i had 2 re-register my pod so i did but it says it cannot update it because there isnt enough room in my itunes library, so i found what i thought was the i tunes library where all my songs were lil folder things, and deleted them all, so i re added bout 12 songs 2 my i tunes library and it's still saying it! so i have no songs on my ipod they go on my tunes but not my pod! somebody please help! i LOVE MY I POD plllleeaaseeee help me any ideas??

LozzyB
Unregistered guest
I brought a ipod mini off my friend i had to buy a new cable but when i plug it in it does nothing any suggestions

LozzyB
Unregistered guest
I brought a ipod mini off my friend i had to buy a new cable but when i plug it in it does nothing any suggestions

Unregistered guest
I have the same problem as "justinemaning." My ipod says that it is playing, but you can't hear anything. And, it isn't the headphones, they work fine with other things. Any suggestions out there? Please?

Username: Timjr5000

Surrey, BC Canada

Hi, I need help with my Ipod, it's working fine but when I need to update my ipod like transfer songs unto my ipod I just can't do it. I attach the cord right to the usb port to my ipod then I go to my files and go to ipod updater 2005-09-06 but for some reason I can't click update or restore. I've also tried going to Itunes and everywhere else but it just doesn't appear to be attached, even though it is. It just says input an ipod, so it's saying that there is no ipod connected so I can't update it. The Do Not Disconnect sign does not appear however the charging sign does. Anyone plz help me

Anonymous

i am having the same problem. i cannot click on the update ipod button under file. it says do not disconnect on my ipod and everything. except update my ipod. i accidentaly deleted all my songs the other day, so i have NOTHING on my ipod at the moment. so i REALY need help because i cant use my ipod. so why cant i press update ipod but everything else works? PLEASE HELP ME!

Anonymous

i am having the same problem. i cannot click on the update ipod button under file. it says do not disconnect on my ipod and everything. except update my ipod. i accidentaly deleted all my songs the other day, so i have NOTHING on my ipod at the moment. so i REALY need help because i cant use my ipod. so why cant i press update ipod but everything else works? PLEASE HELP ME!

Sarah123456
Unregistered guest
Im sorta retarded and i cant get the songs from my i pod to my computer without deleting the songs i already have on my computer bc i got the songs from a friends computer ne 1 know how ?

Sarah123456
Unregistered guest
Im sorta retarded and i cant get the songs from my i pod to my computer without deleting the songs i already have on my computer bc i got the songs from a friends computer ne 1 know how ?

Anonymous

for the person that cant update their songs on their i pod try right clicking the i pod in i tunes then changing the options to manually add the songs... it will take longer if u have alot of songs but atleast u will have some songs on ur i pod

Unregistered guest
Does anybody know how I can get files- both music and downloaded books- from Windows Media into itunes so I can put them on my ipod nano? This is all new to me, Thank-you. I am almost 50 all you youngsters out there and I cannot figure this out, help! Kathy FLA

Username: Malkie

My Ipod mini screen was workin fine the other day and then I was not using it for a couple of then last night a charged it up and started listening to it and after one song a looked at my screen and it was all crazy like jumping up and down in a black line

Dar.
Unregistered guest
i bought my ipod mini from a friend,i got all the cables. when i plug it in to the computer nothing happens. i borrowed some software disk from another friend to see if maybe that would help but it simply downloaded Itunes....and still i can't do anything with the ipod and its just crammed full of songs i hate i need to blank it.

jamiecg74
Unregistered guest
I have a problem with my Ipod mini. Every time I connect my ipod to my pc, the pc just freezes and nothing else happens. The ipod charges up ok and I can use that, but I cannot do anything on the pc at all and have to reboot it.
I have tried reinstalling also but this does not work even if i disconnect the ipod cable from the pc it still has frozen.
Anyone got any ideas?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4131
what is your operating system?

Username: Msipod

Post Number: 3
can anyone help me?

- cant add songs, the iPod deletes them after i eject my iPod from iTunes
-when i delete songs, they still show up on iPod, and don't play
-can't update my iPod b/c of this error message (iPod internal manager error)
-can't factory restore my iPod to try and solve any problem i have

jamiecg74
Unregistered guest
My operating system is Windows XP

MAN6767676767676
Unregistered guest
same here i droped mine in it makes clicking sounds adn it thinks its updating all the time "do not diconnect." flashing it charges but nothing elce its dont even recoise it on my computer if so go on view on my computer and view hiden files and you can upload music manualy u have to find itunes fiels and u can do that but mine wont so any surgestions

MAN6767676767676
Unregistered guest
same here i droped mine in it makes clicking sounds adn it thinks its updating all the time "do not diconnect." flashing it charges but nothing elce its dont even recoise it on my computer if so go on view on my computer and view hiden files and you can upload music manualy u have to find itunes fiels and u can do that but mine wont so any surgestions

MAN6767676767676
Unregistered guest

Gold Member

Post Number: 4136
man6767 etc., the first reason why you are having problems would be that you dropped the iPod.

Unregistered guest
Help !!! I think that there were more than one itunes programs on my computer ....then when i plugged my ipod in it asked if i wanted to copy all my songs to one library and when it did this it just deleted all my songs, and my ipod updated while this is happening

dragongirl
Unregistered guest
Ok, I really need help with this so please listen: I just got an iPod Mini, and I plugged it in with the adapter into a working outlet, and NO ICON IN THE CORNER APPEARS!! (showing how much battery there is) I can restart it, but I can't turn it on. I also tried plugging it into the computer, but it didnt recognize that it was plugged in. PLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE HELP! I dont know whats wrong and ive tried just about everything!!!

Anonymous

I absolutely need help! Since my computer is really slow and the whole family uses it my brother deleted all of my songs in iTunes. Now the next time i plug my iPod into the computer it's going to delete all the songs i dont have in iTunes but i do have on my iPod. What should i do? I don't want to plug it in to see what happens because it could delete all my songs on my iPod. HELP!!

Jacipac
Unregistered guest
I got my ipod a little while ago and tried to set it up i installed all the software but nothing happened after that, itunes dl but when i plug in my ipod its as if the computer doesnt recognize its plugged in. I did my sisters ipod on my computer a few months ago i dont know if that has anything to do with it, but i completely uninstalled the software from before and reinstalled mine. I then had one of my friends try it on his computer and he put songs on it and it worked for him then i brought it home and tried it on mine and it doesnt work still..What can I do I feel like I have tried everything, i tried different ports and also shutting my computer down..now what?

Unregistered guest
I just bought a refurbished ipod mini, and it wasn't showing up on my computer or on itunes, so I figured out finally that my USB port speed was too low. I bought a new USB port, which works fine with my printer and digital camera, but when I connect the ipod, it registers on my computer, but iPod updater says to reformat. When I click restore, everything freezes every time. When I called apple, they talked me through upgrading to Windows XP service pack 2, which made my computer all weird, and even after reinstalling the software that came with the ipod, still does the same freezing thing. Called apple again, they told me to go to their site and install the newest updater. Still nothing. I'm going crazy!!!!! can anyone help?

westcoastchica
Unregistered guest
please help me!!! recently the hard drive on my computer was wiped out and so i had to get a new hard drive installed so i lost all of my itunes, but all of my songs and play lists are still maitained on my ipod mini.... does anyone know how to transfer all of the songs from my ipod mini into a new library? is it even possible?

Unregistered guest
a couple days ago when i tried to bring up itunes, the computer told me that itunes had a problem and had to shut down(close). The computer wouldnt tell me why and it has been a few days and it still will not work. Why?

Unregistered guest
when i plug in my ipod mini a mesage comes up saying that ituns can not read it and to put my ipod back 2 factory standards. please help me im not good with computers and iv tried everything!!

bulbulred
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have a problem updating my firmware. Now only thing my ipod does is give an exclamation mark and a folder. I uninstalled the itunes and ipod updater and installed a new version, no success. Even when i shut down my spyware scanner and virusprotection.

How can i update the firmware? The updater says:" needs update ". But i cannot click on the button, only the recovery button. But when i try that the program freezes and ends with an error.

Unregistered guest
hi i need sumones help plzzz!! rite ive got songs on my ipod but when i go to put more on it it deletes whats already on there plz help its so anoyin what am i doin wrong? could sumone email me bak to this email selharrak@hotmail.com thnx alot xxx

Inacito
Unregistered guest
Hi! When i connect my ipod mini in the computer doesn't appear any symbol on itunes, i cant use itunes, it still charges but dont recognize the ipod is connected with the white wire. Sorry with my english.
Ignacio. Basque Country

Katie Brown
Unregistered guest
Hi. My ipod mini is not charging. i plug it in to the wall charger and no icon comes up, then i tryed to plug it into the computer charger but still nothing! i cant get to any of my music! please help!

Kathy Brownson
Unregistered guest
Hello. i cant seem to get my ipod to charge. It doesnt charge on the computer charger or the plug in one.Please email me if you could spare the time so i can resolve my annoying problem. My email is kissloveyou16@hotmail.com please hurry!

Kathy Brownson
Unregistered guest
Hello. i cant seem to get my ipod to charge. It doesnt charge on the computer charger or the plug in one.Please email me if you could spare the time so i can resolve my annoying problem. My email is kissloveyou16@hotmail.com please hurry!

Unregistered guest
Hey Everyone,
I have a fairly frustrating problem, in which i need some help from someone who has some expertise.
Whenever I plug my iPod mini into my computer, the iPod Updater dosen't read it neither does iTunes, but the actual folder pops up everytime. So therefore, I can't update songs, which really sucks.
And the whole time it is plugged in, it says "do not dissconnect".
I have tried everything on the Apple website, with no success. If someone could pleas get back to me a rockyboy1989@hotmail.com, I would grealty appreciate it.

Thank you

Username: Snipershot34

Middletown, Pa United States

if you can't get itunes to register your ipod.. try resetting your ipod. simply press and hold the menu and select button.
hope i helped

Rache
Unregistered guest
My ipod keeps loosing songs randomly. Like the files are no longer there, i don't use it with a pc cause i don't have one near with usb 2.0 so i ruled out the pulling the cable out while it says do not disconnect problem

It tries to play the song but then just skips it and it's loosing more and more

Cieran
Unregistered guest
when i plug my pod into the computer the itunes shuts down sayin there is a problem. this has only happaned recently and it worked perfect on this computer a whilee back

Unregistered guest
hi i just bought an ipod mini off my friend and it came with a usb cable but i put the latest update and now it says plug it into a wall and i cant access anything of it on the computer at all what can i do?

Unregistered guest
Hi
I have a problem, can anyone help?
How can i delete songs off my ipod mini? I dont even know why i put them on it but i did and now i dont wont them any more. Could someone help me.
Very much appreiciated.
Katie

Unregistered guest
I dont know why dont they just make a better iPod, this is shhit, iPod sucks... no kidding

Nessa
Unregistered guest
I can seem to charge my iPod...when i plug it into the computer it shows the battery charging but its not actually moving like its charging and all the battery is out. when i take it off the cord and try to turn it on, the apple shows up but then a pictur of an iPod shows up on my screen with a sad face ( :-( ) and an alert sign...i really hope it hasnt died altogether.

One more thing...when i plug it into the computer, it isnt registering or showing that my iPod is plugged in...i really hope someone can help me!

Gagan
Unregistered guest
Yo, I didn't read this but I had problems with my Ipod mini. I looked around and it said Itunes sucks (which I agree with) and Ephpod works much better with Ipods. Search Ephpod in google and you can easily download it

P.S., if your ipod doesn't show up in "my computer", go to itunes, click that little Ipod button on the left hand bar with Library and stuff. When you click that, another little Ipod button should appear on the left hand corner. Click it and checkmark "manually manage songs". Your Ipod should appear in my computer after that

NessaBelle
Unregistered guest
Thanx Gagan, but my iPod mini doesnt show up in the itunes list with the library and whatnot either. It just keeps showing that little picture of and iPod with the frowning face and an alert sign. It also shows the apple too. I hope someone can help! PLEASE!?!?!?

anonymous2
Unregistered guest
can anybody please tell me what the problem is? got 30gb ipod for hubby for cmas. and the dam thing stopped working. constantly showing charge icon but not charging. its also making a clicking noise and flashing apple icon. its on charge......

Unregistered guest
Why is it when i choose to play a song e.g. Inxs, it skips through all the INXS songs and stops at one IT chose instead of me!?? it also shows on the top left corner playing 1 of 44 and the 1 keeps changing up to 2, 3, 4 etc and then it will just stop at a song - WHY? It's a mini and I brought for my BoyF's brithday - its been working fine until now!

Unregistered guest
Why is it when i choose to play a song e.g. Inxs, it skips through all the INXS songs and stops at one IT chose instead of me!?? it also shows on the top left corner playing 1 of 44 and the 1 keeps changing up to 2, 3, 4 etc and then it will just stop at a song - WHY? It's a mini and I brought for my BoyF's brithday - its been working fine until now!

Unregistered guest
when i add songs on my i-pod it says you got the songs but when i go to my library i dont see the song in it.HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!pls send to my email address the solution

Unregistered guest
please help i got my ipod nano yesterday, i plugged it in to the computer and loaded songs onto it, but as i took the lead out the apple logo came up and started flashing to black then to white. Ive tried toggling with the hold button and pressing down the select and menu button but its not working !!!! please help !!!!! if you could email me if u know how pleeeeease

laura boo boo
Unregistered guest
hi, i have a photo ipod and today the charging sign started showing up when its not charging.
it wont go away.
do i need to send my ipod in for service again?
does anyone have any ideas?

laura boo boo
Unregistered guest
hi, i have a photo ipod and today the charging sign started showing up when its not charging.
it wont go away.
do i need to send my ipod in for service again?
does anyone have any ideas?

Unregistered guest
I'm having some ipod mini trouble.
i had all my music on a windows laptop and i recently got a powerbook mac laptop. so i transferred all of my music to the mac, and when i plugged in my ipod to the mac, a pop up comes up and says "Itunes has detected a software update for the ipod. would you like to install it now?" and i click ok, and then a window comes up and at the top it says "ipod updater" then it tells me all my information like serial number and such and at the bottom it says update or restore, but it wont let me click on update.
Im not sure whats wrong, all i know is that i want to put my music on my ipod and i already have all the music i want on the library on the mac.
can someone help please?
thank you.

Username: Kryptonguy

I have had my ipod mini for a little over a year now. I was listening to it yesterday and got about halfway through a song and then the music stopped and the ipod began going from one song to the next...not playing any of them just cycling through them like they were missing files. I called Apple Ipod support and the best they could tell me to do was to reset it by pressing pause and the center button. After I did this now when i turn it on the apple logo appears then a folder with an exclemation point comes up and then it shuts off. Ive tried plugging it in and using an updater but it says Ipod Service Error, (using windows xp)??? It is fully charged and ive tried resetting it multiple times. Any Ideas????? thanksUpload

Username: Kryptonguy

Now when i attempt to update the ipod it gives me the message, unable to mount ipod???

Anonymous

Hi im stying to get my ipod mini to work that i brought from a friend i retored backto factory settings but know it just has the sign to plug into a oultet...did that and that how it has stayed for day does anyone know why and how to fix...cpu doesnt reconize nor itunes

Courtney
Unregistered guest
All the music on my ipod got deleted the other day. When i go to itunes and try to download the songs again it doesnt work. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?? Help Please! Email me at courtdrv1569@yahoo.com. Thanks!!!

Unregistered guest
Hi I have a ipod mini, it only goes round and round
on the apple symbol. Does nothing else. I've hit the reset sequence but this is all I get from the ipod. Its stuck in a endless loop turns on then off over and over on the apple symbol. Any suggestions..please

Thanks

Anonymous

Everytime i plug in my ipod into the computer my computer freezes. Can anybody tell me why??

Gold Member

Post Number: 6171
Not enough memory, wrong OS, bad hard drive...it could be anything.

Unregistered guest
HELLO, I HAVE AN IPOD MINI THAT HASNT BEEN WORKING FOR LIKE 4 MONTHS!!! it doesnt turn on, when I try to turn it on, the screen shows this little ipod with "x"ed out eyes. I thot it needed a new battery, so i ordered one, installed the new battery, and nothing happened!!!! so, does anyone have a clue for me???? I NEED SERIOUS HELP, FAST!! IM GOING TO CRY!!! :*(

Anonymous

Help! My << button doesn't work. Therefore, I have to reset my Ipod every time I want to got to the previous menu. Are the buttons just shot or is there a "fix"?

Anonymous

ummm ok so for some reason i plugged my cable into the computer and downloaded a few songs from limewire, and then i disconnected it. i pulled the plug out and then after about 20 min i look at my ipod and IT'S OFF FOR GOOD. i tried everything and it won't turn on!! ahhhhh please someone help me out here. i'm freaking out!!!

Username: Urmom

Edmonton, AB Canada

I REALLY NEED SOME HELP
i recently bought a 1st generation broken ipod mini on ebay which is expected to arrive in about a week. Now it contains a click wheel with a broken wire. I have a 2nd gen ipod mini clickwheel that may fix it. Will a 2nd gen ipod mini clickwheel work with a 1st gen ipod mini? If this wont work what will the ipod mini do? will it break it?
EMAIL ME Please at kuziwk@hotmail.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 7099
So you bought a broken iPod with intentions of repairing it or interchanging parts and hopefully assemble something that may work.

If you have plans like this, wouldn't you have planned it out thouroughly before proceeding?

I hope you have back up plans.

Username: Kasper7722

A friend gave me an ipod mini and it was working fine until I updated my ipod through itunes, now I can't do anything on it as everytime I turn it on it has a symbol in the ipod window thats showing me to plug it into some socket that looks like a wall socket,I'm not sure how to reset it,someone told me to hold down menu and select but it doesn't work. Can someone please spare some of their time and try to help me as it's my 11 yr old sons and he's not happy. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4148
Karen,

Try Apple - Support - iPod mini.

Apple manuals are clear and cover most things. It sounds like you do not have the manual. It can be downloaded as a pdf file from Apple - Support - Manuals.

Username: Shreddimebag

Hi i was listening to my ipod mini while shoveling sand, the shovel caught the cord and threw my ipod off my belt and it hit the ground. I picked it up and turned it on, the apple sign came up. and now there is an ipod with x's in its eyes. i went to the support website, went through all of the stages, and i put it in disk mode. Now i plugged it into my computer and it does not appear in itunes or in my computer. Sometimes, it beeps likes its on but it isnt. I tryed ipod updater but since it doesnt reconize it, it can not update/reinstall. When i Manually pull out the cord. it once again freezes. and then i restart it, and i have to go through the whole cycle again. Please help i am using a windows XP.

-does not show up in itunes,ipod updater,and my computer
-no other USB devices are plugged in, other then mouse and keyboard.
-i have downloaded a new ipod updater, but does not reconize the ipod still.
-ipod is charged
-tryed restarted computer.

How much would it cost to repair at an apple store, and can you please help me try to fix this.
Thank you.

Email me or reply here at Motoxwallace@hotmail.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 7894
When you see the dreaded "dead Ipod" icon, you need to send it for professional repair. You cannot service it yourself at that stage.

Dude, you dropped it...that piece of electronic is not indestructible. You drop anything electronic, it will break something, somewhere.

Username: Shreddimebag

alright thanks man. cost like 100 bucks to ship it in, problem is i dont know if i have the recipt still. and i might have paid straight cash not with a credit card. my problem from here on out. thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7903
That really sucks, man. Hope it turns out good for you.

Username: Champ1993

k so like my friend got me this ipod and its used. when i connected it 2 my cp it said do not disconnect. but the thing 2 put music and all that wont pop up. it has music on it already. so can u just plz help

Username: Champ1993

i have dis ipod mini that my friend gave me and wen i connect it sayz do not disconnect but it the thing 2 put on music wont pop up. what should i do? there is music on it already that i can listen 2 but i dont kno if i should reset it or what. please help

Username: Ooryes

hi. i pluged my ipod mini in to my computer to download updates.and the computer crashed wipping
my ipod clean..
all i get now.is a file with a (!)on it
can some one help???

Username: Whatever1234312

i got a ipod mini on ebay.i charge it for 4 hours and then in 2 hours the battery goes dead,i replaced the battery twice and formatted it 100 times,is anyone else having trubble??or know how to fix it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12616
If after all that trouble, you are still having problems, it is time to replace the unit or at least send it to apple and have repair it for you.

Username: 45kalib3r

Massapequa , NY USA

sumtin wrong with my ipod, i cant hear the musik out of the headphones.. like it plays on the ipod but i cant hear it, and i tried like 5 diff headfones and stil doesnt work. watt do u think is wrong?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13451
Check the volume limit control on the settings

Username: 45kalib3r

Massapequa , NY USA

i cant hear music from the headphones.. the ipod is playin but i cant hear the music. headphones are not the problem

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13452
I did not tell you to check the volume limit control on the headphones. Check the iPod settings...it has a volume limit control.

Username: Jb992

My iPod mini wont play, everytime i touch anything, a folder with and exclamation mark pops up. I went to the apple website but none of there suggestions helped. I've tried to restore but i get error 1418 when i try. Please help...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13929
First check if your iPod can be put into disk mode.

Reconnect and see if you can see it under "My Computer" as a removable hard drive.

Get back with me if you have done this, and we'll go from there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us