Naim Nait 5i with dynaudio audience 52

gurugu
Unregistered guest
Hi all,

I own a NAD 320bee to drive dynaudio audience 52 speakers. I am very happy with the sound it gives, but I am thinking on an upgrade. I listen everything: jazz, rock, classical, electronic...in a small room (12 sq meters). My CD player is a Cambridge 640C and I do not listen music at very high volume.
I am thinking on the Naim Nait 5i, but I wonder if it would be enough to drive my speakers. I guess so, since it is rated 50 w, same as the NAD I am currently using, and I do not have any problem.
I wonder also if the Naim Nait 5i will bring any added value compared with what I already have. Is it more detailed and musical than the NAD?
Does anybody have experience with Nait and Dyns? Does anybody suggest any other amp to drive my speakers?
Thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 866
Hello,

I have quite a bit of experience with the combination since I work for a Naim and Dynaudio dealer. They are a good match. The Nait5i copes with the difficult load of the 52 well. It has a lot more pace, detail and engagement than the C320BEE. It is also very good for relatively low level listening.

I should mention that I only ever play the Nait5i with Naim's own speaker cable since this seems to work best. I have tried other cables but the Naim cable always seems the best result even though it is not the most expensive.

Regards,
Frank.

Username: Vm8444

Post Number: 8
naim would be great,,but you should also look at one of the hottest tube intergrated on the market right now ,,i am driving maggies with it right now,,and it would give you a totally different sount regarding audio,,3d,,,sweet luscious midrange,,,good enough power for your room..read about it here,,primaluna one ,,click on magazines,,and i own one so i would know..around 900 used on audiogon..
thanks
http://www.upscaleaudio.com/view_category.asp?cat=36
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us