B Stock?? Good or dont bother?

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 341
i am looking for the best 5.1 or 6.1 receiver i can get for HT and music. i am sceptical with B stock items but their price is tempting. are b stock items good or should i spend the extra money to get the item new?

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 836
B stock items are usually new units which have cosmetic blemishes only. They should work in exactly the same way as A stock items.

Regards,
Frank.

anonymousII
Unregistered guest
B stock items are often returned items such as the open box specials you see at Best Buy and CC. The mail order/wholesalers often sell B stock merchandise and if you trust the dealer and they give you some kind of warranty you can accept you can save hundreds of dollars. Remember almost all of the mail order/wholesalers are not authorized dealers and contacting the manufacturer in case of a problem will get you nowhere. Just know what you are buying and who from before you purchase.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1379
Good or don't bother?

Good.

I bought one from ecost.com 18 months ago and have no complaints.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 472
I guess just like anything else it depends on the seller. If the seller is authorized or is the manufacturer, then their shouldn't be any problems. If they aren't, you may have some issues.

Anonymous

If you have ever bought and returned an electronic item, you could have been the one to make it a B stock. Just by opening the box and doing a "demo". When returned, the store can not sell it as new and in many cases they mark it down.

You do have to watch out for the one's selling Refurb's as B stock. Sometimes these units have issues and have been repaired. These items sometimes carry a much shorter warranty.

Gold Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 1033
Make certain the items are still under manufacturer's warranty. That's a good clue.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us