New Receiver

Username: Sbowe

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased the following speakers.

2 Polk RTi12 Towers
2 Polk FXi5 Rears
1 Polk CSi5 Center channel

I currently have an Onkyo 595 reciever. Ever since I got the new speakers it has been hard to hear dialog on either cable or DVD. I think it is because my reciever is a little underpowered for the huge speakers I bought.

So I am looking for a receiver with plenty of power for these large speakers. The other thing that may be tricky is I would like HDMI switching. Any recommendations? Thanks

Username: Sbowe

Post Number: 2
I forgot to add, I am willing to spend up to $2000.

anonymousII
Unregistered guest
Marantz sr-8500, Elite vsx-56txi and HK 7300 would all be good match's with your Polks. The Elite can be had for under $900 at Dynaco.com[a good online dealer]the Marantz can be found at accessories4less and the HK for a bit more but I can't tell you exactly where but am sure someone will be able to. Buy any of these and you'll have a very good system.

Username: Snarl

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4
Add an Outlaw 755 Amplifier or somthing similar :-)

anonymousII
Unregistered guest
None of the receivers I mentioned need any additional amps but the Outlaw 7125 amp and 990 pre/pro would be an option for under $2000 if you are interested in separates. Lots of power there but maybe a bit on the bright side?

Silver Member
Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 307
Keep the Onkyo. Use it as a preamp/pro for an Outlaw or better yet an Adcom 7605 for about $1500.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us