Seperate DVD-A/SACD Players

Bronze Member
Username: Crazyhorse

Post Number: 18
I am contemplating buying a second hand SACD player, which one i dont know yet, but at present I have a NAD T533 and NAD T743. I am very happy with this, and do not want to change either, but WOULD like to add a SACD player. The problem here is that my reciever only has one 5.1 analogue input. So bascially, if i was to purchase a SACD player would i have to remove the T533 everytime i wanted to play the SACD player, or is some type of adaptor available that can switch between the two?
any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1372
The obvious answer is to use a digital connection for your T533, so I'm sure I'm missing why you can't do that.

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 506
Well, the T533 can play DVD-A's which, like SACD players, require the 5.1 analog outs. I know this has been discussed here before but I cannot remember how the discussion went. An answer may be in the archives.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1574
Most SACD players also play DVD-A. It stands to reason that when you buy an SACD player it will become your multichannel music option while the T533 gets used for movies only. Then you could use the digital connection for your T533. You would then have the option of using your SACD players analog connect for CD's as well. Just buy a good universal like the Denon DVD2910.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
well, i did wanna keep a hold of my T533 as i like the dvd audio output a lot, and at the moment i am on a budget so the Denon really would be out of the question. I was thinking about getting a budget SACD player to run alongside my T533 but alas I only have 1 analogue 5.1 input

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1579
You may not experience what's so special about SACD with a cheap player. The new Denon DVD1920 is about 1/2 the price of the DVD2910. Good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1374
Art,

I meant to ask you, how is the DVD-1920 for redbook CD and SACD compared to the more expensive (and older) DVD-2910?

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 3748
Adam,

I am thnking along the same lines. There are RCA switches - simple devices to select one output, unchanged, from several inputs. They are usually for two channels. It should be possible to find an RCA switch that can handle six channels - so that it selects which of two sets of six goes through to feed the single "Ext 5.1" analogue input on the receiver.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
it would be nice to find such a device. At least it would give the possibility of being able to hang on to the T533. My feeling is that if i am to invest in a decent 5.1 surround set up, i might as well allow myself to have the maximum multichannel recordings that are out there even though i love the dvd-a format. I would feel stupid having a seperate cd, dvd-a and sacd player though!

you might wanna take a look at this
it looks pretty serious to me!
http://www.zektor.com/mas3/index.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us