FLuance speaker quality

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 319
how are fluance speakers for quality? i noticed surround systems from them are pretty cheap on ebay?

Anonymous

Fluance are awesome man, better than speakers costing 300 times as much, so go to their website and order some as soon as you can, ok?

Silver Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 845
Db you sure ask a large number of strange posts for someone with 319 posts.

Silver Member

Post Number: 320
ya 300 of them are from the car audio. i know way too much about car audio but am ignorant when it comes to home. ask any car forum guy and theyll remember me, i ask a million questions to make sure i get the right stuff. it worked in my car so im doin it to you guys now. hope im not annoying you guys, it might be best to not come on this forum for the next week..or two....or three

Silver Member

Post Number: 848
Dont worry about it knowone can be as annoying as Paul well except for another guy on here im not gonna name him though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 321
i dont want to start another thread so ill ask it here. i think im going with the Athena AS-B1 bookshelfs, i noticed Axiom also has a lower $ pair in their millenium series. which are better do you think? my main question is do you recommend getting two bookshelfs + a few smaller surround speakers OR 4 bookshelfs + 1 center speaker?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3694
db-bass
They are about the same, but the edge goes to the Axiom M22s as far as detail and staging. The Axioms are a little on the bright side, as some people have observed.

The Fluance are a great value speakers and will serve you well if you are in a medium sized room. A little understated on details but not muffled or soft. I gave a few of the SX-HTBs and some SV-10s as gifts for my nephews who are going to college. Coming from me, they thought they were high-end stuff, (darn the internet and google).They are loving them and cranking them out like the parties will never end.
Do not however, buy them off ebay. Go to the Fluance website direct. They will pack them for shipping a lot better.

Silver Member

Post Number: 322
thanks. i also found some wharfedale 8.2 speakers on sale from an authorized dealer in my price range. do you think these beat out the two above? also do you think i should go with 2 bookshelf speakers + center speaker for my system or 2 bookshelfs + smaller surround speakers. thanks for the help

Gold Member

Post Number: 3696
The good thing about the Fluance SX-HTB is that you don't need to wrack your brains trying to figure out what tyep of speakers to buy. You get the set and BAM, you are done!

Stop making things too complicated. Simplify db-bass, make the purchase and stop over thinking the process.

This is the problem with mass market speakers, the market is flooded with speakers with such a narrow price point and so much differences in quality. Do not over research, you might explode with information you may not even need. Like Connor MacLeod once said, "There can be only one!" or five in your case.

MAKE A CHOICE:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 855
Thats the one out of the 8 series that wasnt very good.What is your budget for speakers this will allow us to help you much better.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3698
Do you find the 8 series high frequencies a tad too splattered as if trying hard to spit out the proper pitch and coming out messy?
How about the bass? Do you find it lacking punch as it were? OK so it is a mid-bass:-)

My observation. I'm not too fond of the those Wharfedales. I like them when they were making them in the seventies.

Silver Member

Post Number: 858
I love my 8.1s many speakers have come and gone and I still own them.For the price its hard to fault the 8 series they do one thing that lots of expensive speakers dont do these days,they play with emotion,some speakers are lifeless Wharfedale have lots of similarities to the SFs but on a much lesser scale.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3699
indeed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 323
so would you say you recommend them over the 99 dollar Athenas? also the only other thing i need to know is if you recommend me getting 4 bookshelfs+ a center speaker OR 2 bookshelfs + a few small surrounds?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1774
get whatever fits your budget. 4 bookshelves and a center would IMO sound better than the other option, and if the only way that's possible is by going with the B1s then go with the B1s.

Silver Member

Post Number: 859
What do you think Eddie the SDAT bookskelf may be perfect for him im pretty sure they are better than the B1s?and probably be better than anything at $200 and rival everything $300.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1778
No idea, since I haven't heard the SDAT or the B1.

Anoni
Unregistered guest
Guys, Guys, Guys....no, no, no....
Anything below the $2000.00 Mark simply sucks ! Don't you all know that?
oops! isn't that exactly what you all own? cheapy sub $600.00 speakers? lol

Anoni
Unregistered guest
nhany nhany nyah-nyah nyah-nyah, I've got more money than you do...

Bronze Member
Username: Dodgedifferent2

Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 63
I own the sx-htb speaker package from fluance and love it.
I was watching some great action movies and i nearly soiled myself at the sound quality. didnt help that i thought i was shot. The price guessing game still goes on with my friends and i sit back and listen to them argue. I have yet to tell them what i actually paid for them, i just enjoy the argument. I have had them for 3 months now and i would recommend them, unless you have money coming out of your anus.

Anoni
Unregistered guest
1) Let me guess...mmmm.....$66.99 for the whole package?

2) I do
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us