Vintage Denon DRA-600

Username: Sherronefaith

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 1
Purchased this fossil at a Flea Market over 3 years ago, payed $7.00. Had it repaired and the repair person apparently had great difficulty, because it took him almost 3 years to complete repairs. It has great sound but audio output is either 'right' or 'left' not both. There is lots of clicking when connections aren't correct. How can I remedy this? Connections are either A & B and A or B and I need someone's help. I have 3 receivers in for various equipment.

Username: Sherronefaith

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 2
PS 'Denon DRA-600'

Payed $100.00 for repairs on my Denon DRA-600 but the owner of the shop wanted $150.00, however, I'd made almost 20 trips checking on the repairs for nearly 3 years. The owner wasn't very happy with the $100.00 so I'm reluctant to return it to be checked.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5380

Eat your losses and buy something better without problems. Use a reputable service for pre-owned equipment such as Audiogon or Audio Classics.

It sounds as if this repair person might have put the Denon in such a state of "repair" that it is not worth investing any more money, time and headaches in something you paid $7.00 to buy.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us