Bias adjustment for tube integrated amp

Username: Petro

Post Number: 8
I am new to tubes. Planning to purchase a jolida 502 B tube integrated amp. I understand that bias adjustment is needed occasionally. What does that entail? any instruments needed?
Thanks
petro

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5378

Instructions will be included with the amplifier. You'll need an inexpensive VOM (volt-Ohm meter). You can pick one up at R.S. or any hardware store for under $20.

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 1088
You should love that amp, I have one and replaced the power tubes with Electro Harmonix KT88's and got a bunch of 12ax7's to swap around. Biasing is easy on this amp, like Jan said just get a multimeter and use it following intructions in the manual. I have 4ohm rated speakers, but I think they sound better on the 8 ohm taps. Good luck and I know you will enjoy it.

Post Number: 9
Thank you both very much. I heard a tube amp at a friend's and I knew I had to have one to replace my solid-state Denon. Your advice is reassuring and I am glad my first Jolida choice is ok.
Petro

Username: Dinyar

Mumbai, India India

Post Number: 2
I have a Prima Luna Prologue-2. Superb sound ( to my ears ) and priced around US $ 1200.

Never needs Bias adjustment. Circuit is self compensating.

Post Number: 10
I heard of Prima Luna (a Dutch company). Found it easier to go with Jolida for service. Joseph, does the 502B accept banana plugs for speaker cables or only spades? could not get an answer from Jolida website.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us