Which of these would you chose?

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 303
ive found a few lower-priced choices off a site edster gave me. which are the best, which should i stay away from?
Polk Monitor PSW10 $180
JBL E150PBE $199
Velodyne DLS-3500R $250
Fluance DB-150 $200
KLipsch KSW 10" $300
Yamaha YST-SW305 $300
Dayton 10" or 12" $100 or $140

Silver Member

Post Number: 304
another choice is the HSU STF-1 for $300. thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 306
anyone have and suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1708
I'd stay away from all of those subs except for the Dayton and Hsu.

Store-bought subs made by speaker companies in that price range are very poor quality for the money.

Bronze Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 23
The Yamaha sub is just awful. Scratch that one.

Bronze Member
Username: Pbdr

Post Number: 52
You might add the Wharfedale Powerecube 10" to the list. You can pick one up for $250 if you look on the web (free shipping and nice people from a place called big bang electronics).

I got one recently and really like it, nice and tight.

Silver Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 803
Yes Peter I have that sub very musical,good impact for movies,but as Edster says stay away from the rest of those subs except for the Dayton and Hsu.

Silver Member

Post Number: 307
alright thanks. ive heard pretty good things about the Dayton, suprising its so cheap. the main thing is that whatever i get doesnt have distortion, i cant stand distortion. and i like a sub that can hit low frequencies. is the Dayton know for having these? also i assume you would recommend the 12"? the HSU STF-2 is a bit more expensive but would it be worth the extra $, ive heard good things about it also.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1716
If you want tight clean bass especially for music, then yes I think the Hsu is worth the extra money. If you're mainly doing HT then the Dayton 12" should be fine.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2157
I'd suggest you buy nothing until you save enough money to buy a better sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
ya thats what im thinkin. but for the price is the Dayton a good deal. it sounds like it can hit lows and has some bass to it. is it known for not having much distortion?

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2160
If you want to settle for a cheapo sub, then by all means, the decision is yours. You get what you pay for.

I recommend saving a little longer......

I wouldnt consider anything in that market. If you can afford $300....surely you can save a little longer and get something better. Afterall....you'll always have it. Have patience........

Gold Member

Post Number: 1723
db,

post your question about the Daytons on avsforum.com and hometheaterforum.com

Both of those forums have many more users who are Dayton owners. I've never heard any of them complain about distortion, just that the Dayton does HT well and music not as well.

Bronze Member
Username: Monolgoue

Post Number: 84
The Dayton will be boomy

allen robertson
Unregistered guest
Outlaw audio has a new sub they are selling for $300. Their first sub, the LFM-2, was an absolute killer, check out reviews of that one with a Google search. I expect the new smaller one to be great also.http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/lfm2.html

allen robertson
Unregistered guest
Ooops. The LFM-1 was the first sub and the LFM-2 is the newest one.

allen robertson
Unregistered guest
It is actually probably easier to follow the links to reviews of the LFM-1 on the OUTLAW AUDIO site.http://www.outlawaudio.com/reviews/reviews_lfm1.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us