Marantz 1050 calling all owners

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 978
How many of you owners out there are still running the Marantz 1050 amplifier, with its chrome facer plate and fine looking appeal its still running just fine, for an amplifier that's around 26 years old.

I like her she's in her prime, she can still produce loud and fairly accurate sounds from films to music as well, though I would like to have a few more to add the two that I all ready have including the Marantz 1030 which is the small model in the range.

With one of my Marantz's with no original lettering on it as to why, I don't know, and the chrome look as well is slightly off, but the sound is the same throughout, so is there anyone that as one of these old classics, please I would like to hear about it, and why you're still hanging on to it.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 437
Andy -
Hallo There!!!

My father has an old 2220B receiver that he won't get rid of. I've tried to loosen his grip on it several times to no avail. The reason why he won't give it up is because you can't get anything comparable to them today for the same amount of money. A lot of vintage Marantz stuff is sold on E-Bay for about $300. These are usually the mid to upper end models in very good condition. The high end models in mint condition cost a lot more though. Where can you get something that sounds that good, is built that well, and looks that good for that kind of money?

My father bought his new in the mid to late 70's (maybe '77?) for about $350. He could easily get that for it today, and probably a few bucks more. The thing doesn't have a single scratch on it and has never been serviced because it's never needed it. He uses it just enough to keep everything working right. Not that this was his plan by any means.

Even if he got $500 for it, it wouldn't be easy to find anything comparable to it for the same money. They don't build them like they used to. If it breaks down some day, I'm sure he'll get it fixed rather than get rid of it. Even if it cost him more than he paid for it, he'd never get rid of it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1101
Stu Pitt,

Cheers for replying, though I see there is a Marantz that you really like, well I'm still enjoying my Marantz 1050's as well as its little brother the Marantz 1030, thing is if I saw another Marantz 1050 going cheaply, I'll snap it real quick, and knowing that I would rather replace the whole amplification chain with QSC PA THX approved models its down to the cost issues....

Ashley

Gold Member

Post Number: 1285
These are the Marantz amplifiers as they are now, at around 26 years old still able to give some fantastic sound for the age....

Upload

Though I would like an owner's manual for each model the1050 and the 1030, not sure if Marantz will have one in there data base?

Ashley

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1573
Back in the seventies I owned a 1030 and 2220B. Ahhh those were the days.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us