No sound to Zone 2 with optical digital input - Denon 2805

Username: Gibby

Post Number: 2
I recently purchased a Denon 2805 - I am very pleased with it - but when I upgraded the connection from the CD player to an Optical Digital input I could no longer get sound to Zone two. (The zone 2 system is connected via line level outputs.) When I reconnected the analog input from the CD player to the Denon, Zone 2 had sound again.

Two questions:

1.) Is there a configuration on the 2805 that will allow you to ouptut an analog signal to a zone 2 device connected via the line level analog outputs if the only input is digital?

2.) If I have both the Opticial Digital and analog inputs from the CD players, will Zone 1 use on the optical digital input?

Thanks
Aaron

Anonymous

Most AVRs do not transmit digital audio to zone-2. This is because there would be a requirement for digital-to-analog converters (DACs) for the second zone. As a result, only the very expensive (e.g. Denon AVR5805)has digital in zone-2. Regarding your questions:
1= No. Only analog audio can be transmitted in Zone 2.
2= It depends, as long as the CD player can output both digital and analog at the same time, and as long as the digital output is mapped in the AVR and is priority over the analog. Zone-2 will always get the analog signal regardless.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us