NAD 2600A --- Experiences and Opinions

Username: Loce

Lilburn, GA

Post Number: 3
I'm trying to find out what others think of using a NAD 2600A as the centerpiece in an audio rebuilding effort that involves going from a 22-year old Mitsubishi R-35 receiver as its backbone.

I've got the chance to purchase one for around $300 locally.

Username: Ron_f

Post Number: 1
Hi. My first post here.

I have been using a NAD 2600A as part of a conventional 2-channel stereo system (for bedroom.) I think it sounds absolutely fantastic. Mine has a very low noise floor, and it has never broken a sweat no matter how far it has been turned up. It is biased far into class AB, so it does not get very hot. Mine does have an issue with output relays however, which need replacing - I have not bothered to take care of this yet. Because of the relay issue, it has developed a problem turning on, but once it is on - it is perfectly fine. I simply solved this problem by never turning it off:-) Mine has been on now for about 6 months. I could imagine you might run into a similar issue. I don't consider this to be a big deal. The noise floor is nil, so if I am not playing anything through it - I hear nothing.

I think $300 is the absolute upper limit of what anyone should pay for one of these - and only if it appears to be in mint condition. Expect to be replacing some relays if you get one I think, if they have not been replaced already.

Also, the front panel is composed of a plastic panel inserted into a shee-metal frame. The plastic is held in place with glue. Over a long period of time, this glue can give out, and you might have to take the front panel off and reglue the two parts back together again yourself - not a big deal actually.

In summary it sounds fabulous driving my pair of 4 ohm speakers.

Ron

Username: Loce

Lilburn, GA

Post Number: 8
Thanks for your comments, especially about the $300 limit. I ended up not buying the NAD, especially after listening to several newer and older models, as well as several other types of amps.

I went, instead, for a Sansui AU 717 integrated amp and, perhaps ignorance is bliss, but I really love the sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us