Problems with new Sony Receiver audio input selection

Username: Kasunj

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased the Sony STR DE895 Receiver. I also have a Sony DVD player.

The connections between the DVD player and receiver are done with the Coaxial input as well as the regular audio cords. My problem is this. The receiver has audio options which consist of fixed analog, 2 channel audio, and fixed coaxial. I have tried to use the fixed coaxial option to receive digital surround sound for playback of DVDs but no sound comes out. The only time I receive sound is when I have the fixed analog option selected even when I have selected digital output from the DVD player on the DVD menu.

Has anyone experienced this problem or have any ideas why I am not getting audio from the coaxial fixed input? I have even tried to remove the regular audio cords to see if this makes a difference with no luck,

A77
Unregistered guest
Some DVD players have selectable settings for the digital output. You may need to setup the player for the correct digital input of your receiver (i.e. 48, 96 or 192 kHz sampling rates or Dolby Digital v. PCM formats). My default outputs are higher rates than my receiver accepts, so it must be set lower in the DVD player to work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us