NAD T762 Serial numbers

Username: Sigur

Post Number: 1
Don't know if anyone can help... Bought a new NAD last december with a seemingly low serial number. Don't know if I've been sold a refurbished model or a new one, but I'm having a few issues with the fan noise at the moment and I'll be pretty annoyed if I've been sold a 'problem'.

Anyone know how the serial numbers work on Nad receivers?

Cheers

Bronze Member
Username: Buckeyeshine

Post Number: 69
I don't know it for fact but believe the last digits in the number are in sequence. So my T773 ends in ...00333. I assume this would be the 333rd unit to be produced.

You should defintely have been informed whether or not you bought a refurb versus new by the dealer so I would assume it is new. Refurbs generally have a significant cost reduction and legally, dealers are not allowed to sell used product as new.

As far as a low serial number, I guess it is not out of the realm of possibility that you bought an early production unit. It would seem odd based on the product life of the 762 but it is all dependent upon the first in/first out management of their inventory.

Regardless, you should be able to go to your dealer and address the fan noise.

Username: Sigur

Post Number: 2
Mine's pretty low in the sequence as well. My serial number starts with r2z - I don't know if this is an indicator for Australia (where I am), in which case the unit would prob be brand new. It's currently in the repair shop (dealer and rep have both been fantastic, but the repairer is slow). I bought it at a discount when the new model was released.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us