Building house, need whole house audio

Username: Curt_v

Saginaw, Michigan US

Post Number: 1
Hello! I am building a new house, and I would like to add whole house audio (1 zone only). I am not sure exactly what I need to do this myself. The local audiophile distributor wants $5500.00 to pull this off. No way!

Here is what I want to do:

I want to have 1 stereo speaker in the following rooms:

Office (Main trunk location)
Great Room (1 pair R/L)
Kitchen
Master Bathroom
Garage
Back Patio (will require outdoor speakers)

I want to hook these speakers to volume controllers only, and the control knobs will be located in each room with the corresponding speaker.

According to the retailer, I will need at least one powered amplifier to power the 8 speakers.

My questions are listed below for your review:

What kind of volume controls will I need, and how do I hook them up?

What kind of hardware do I need to connect the speakers wire to a wall plate?
I want to then connect the speaker outputs on the wall to the powered amplifier. The amplifier will then connect to the receiver. What am I missing?

I will also have my PC in this office, and would like to connect this to the receiver for MP3 audio capability as well. How is this acheived?

I would appreciate any information, or resources ya'll can provide. I want to do this myself, because I really want to save money for my new baby. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Unregistered guest
I would strongly recomend a complete Russound system. If you do the installation yourself you will certainly save money. I would suggest the CA6.4LSPK-1 system for your home. I know you said 1 zone and 1 stereo speaker, but with the way technology changes along with your personal desires, it would be much cheaper to go with a 6 zone 4 source unit now. You mention 6 rooms that seem to not have any relation. If you use a single zone, every room will have the same source playing. If you seperate them into 6 zones, you will be able to listen to a diferent source, MP3, CD, etc, in each room. You could purchase each item seperately to more customize (outdoor speakers, etc.) this way just offers the best deal. To hook your PC to the system, I would recomend first a decent sound card, then Monster Cable MP3 Connection Kit (1/8" to 2 RCA jacks). Feel free to contact me with any further questions.

www.digitalhsolutions.com

Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us