''UPDATE'' on the SDAT SB-E639D speakers.....

Bronze Member
Username: Soundideas

Post Number: 27
I didn't like the bass performance of these speakers so I took the subwoofers out and put more damping in the bottom of the cabinets. I used Quiltflex from www.memoryfoam.com for damping my cabinets. I had this stuff on my memory foam bed. I put this stuff on all the sides and bottom walls of the cabinet where the subwoofers goes. This was a big improvement! The bass is now richer, deeper and cleaner now and the bass blends in with the mids and highs a lot better now! This is a great speaker now! Tawaun...give this a try.....

Silver Member
Username: Audioholic

Post Number: 102
Remove the drivers and line the cabinets with modeling clay. Be carefull to avoid the crossover. Will dampen the cabinets much better than memoryfoam. Can pick it up at any hobby store.

Silver Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 697
It was a great speaker in the first place but I dont have time for them now,Kenny never backs up what he says hes gonna do.SDAT does not market their speakers very well the us team just wants to make a quik buck,I cant endorse a manufacture like that, several speaker companies have their own forum,its things like that and sales from overstock.com thats a joke,I gave mine to my faher and im getting the Epiphonys broken in,and getting ready to review the Lings,so I really dont have time for this,espeacially when Kenny comes on here and promised members on this forum free pairs of speakers to give his speakers a objective review,instead of all the white van claims,but he didnt deliver so on this forum they will remain a white van speaker to much of the members on here.

Silver Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 701
It was a great speaker in the first place but I dont have time for them now,Kenny never backs up what he says hes gonna do.SDAT does not market their speakers very well the us team just wants to make a quik buck,I cant endorse a manufacture like that, several speaker companies have their own forum,its things like that and sales from overstock.com thats a joke,I gave mine to my faher and im getting the Epiphonys broken in,and getting ready to review the Lings,so I really dont have time for this,espeacially when Kenny comes on here and promised members on this forum free pairs of speakers to give his speakers a objective review,instead of all the white van claims,but he didnt deliver so on this forum they will remain a white van speaker to much of the members on here.

DoodOfLift
Unregistered guest
SDAT is pretty much same quality as white van. Go to CES and check them out.

Username: Lawk

Post Number: 4
Screw SDAT and SCREW KENNY!

Bronze Member
Username: Soundideas

Post Number: 29
I improved these speakers even more by adding more damping (Quiltflex) inside the cabinets right in front of where the ports are. I put Quiltflex all the way up this back wall. I also put QuickSilver contact enhancer... www.xtremecables.com on all wiring and crossover network parts. By adding damping to the back walls the soundstage has more depth to it now and the QuickSilver made the speakers a lot more 3-dimensional (more real sounding)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us