Are these Speakers any good.????????

Bronze Member
Username: Soltex

Post Number: 31
Well, just saw some speakers for 70, bucks. Gona go pick them up today. Any reviews?. They worth 70 bucks?, Just wanted to know.
Dahlton KV 1500 Ti

http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/90718103.html

Same thing

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 25
Do a search on white van scam. Dahlton are white van speakers. $70 is a fair price but no bargain.

http://www.scamshield.com/Help.asp?id=4

http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Crimes/InPerson/speaker_scams.htm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
so its not worth 70 bucks. He looks like a legit person. I am gona meet him today. He says he got them from a pawn show.

So they suck. I mean i got some old towers and wana replace them. Music and movies. Just light stuff.
What ya recommend.

Bronze Member
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 27
What do you have now? WHat is your budget?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
I got some old towers which i got for 20 bucks for a pair. All the side cones all falling apart. You think the other ones would be better for 60 bucks.

budget 70 bucks

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1551
well if your budget is $70 what else can you do...

Personally for $70 I'd buy myself the best pair of Sennheiser headphones I could find for that amount.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
i am buying them

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 188
you get what you pay for inam.

personally... i'd rather pay $100 on a tiny two way speaker from a respected manufacturer like wharfdale.

for $200 you can get a really good speaker.

at $70pr, you're going to get crappy sounding speakers with flimsy boxes that resonate like crazy. you'll be hearing the box more than the speakers. cabinets are the most expensive part of any speaker usually.

at that price... the drivers can't be that good either, but if "walmart grade" stereo is good enough for you... more power to you.

if you go to a REAL stereo shop and listen to real speakers (of which there are MANY cheap one that kick butt) and purchase those, you'll have a more solid investment that won't self destruct in a year.

a real well designed cheap speaker (i LOVE my $200 pr. NHT super zeros) will spoil you for hi-fi and you'll never be able to go back to cheap made in taiwan speakers ever again.

do you want speakers that LOOK expensive... or that SOUND it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
hmm...

i just looked at the pic, and from the back of the speaker, it looks like the cabinet might be 3/4" MDF which is good, but that there's only a pic of one speaker and no pics of the drivers would give me pause.

good luck with it if you do buy them and let us know if you got a bargain or shanked.

Username: Goodoncomputers

Chocowinity, Nc Usa

Post Number: 1
i got a question on Vr3 amps? my friend got a Vr3 4 channel 400 watt amp and he needs to know how to bridge it to a lighting audio 12" subwoofer?

Silver Member
Username: Donaldekelly

Washington, DC Usa

Post Number: 372
Athena B1s can be had on ebay and amazon for $100 or less. Tipped up high frequencies, but surprisingly good to my ears for the price. More bass than you would think.

NHT do have a good reputation as well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
if it sounds just too good to be true...

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
bridging isn't something that can be done with any amp. it needs to be an amp designed with that in mind.

even if the amp is 4X 100W, 100W is alot to drive a sub unless you want to totally wreck your hearing.

i probably only use 1 watt on average with my 12" according to my amp's VU meters, but i'm not into bass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us