Av amp or receiver for Jmlab chorus s series

Louis
Unregistered guest
I just bought a Jmlab chorus s 5.1 series. Which av amp or receiver is suitable for this package? I tried it with my friend's Denon 3803, they sound alright, not perfect. Anyone here have any opinion ??? Budget is around $1000. Your opinion and help is very much appreciated.

louis
Unregistered guest
706s front, 705s rear, cc70s center, and sw700s sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 82
Louis,

I have not heard these speakers but know they are very good quality. How did they sound with the 3803?

Bright, warm, laid back, dull etc

Different receivers have varying sound qualities, if someone doesn't respond who has experience with the Jmlabs, your answer may help determine a better response.

louis
Unregistered guest
hi 'my rantz', they sound a litter bit warm, very accurate and clear with the 3803. I like to hear more opinion on this speaker package with other amp / receiver.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 443
Louis:

I have always found JMlabs speakers to be highly detailed and a bit on the bright side--particularly if you got the Chorus speakers and not the new Chorus "S" models ("S" is for Signature, which has a much revised tweeter). I tried some with my Denon 3803 but I didn't like the sound as I found the Denon to be too dry sounding for the Chorus speakers. I found the sound a bit scratchy.

I have always like the Harman/Kardon receivers with the JMlabs speakers. H/Ks are pretty laid back, but they still have good detail and are a very good match with the JMlabs speakers. Look into something like the H/K 430. Also, in your price range, look into a good model Pioneer Elite. PEs are very well built and have a sonic charecter similar to the H/Ks. I do not like their low end models (like thte 41), but a model 45 or 55 would be a great match for your speakers, if you can get one in your price range. You might also check out a Marantz 6400 or 7400--not as laid back as the other two, but they are very good receivers that should also be a good match with your speakers.

Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us