Opinions on CREEK

Anonymous

Hi ,

Anyone here has tested the last CREEK's integrated model , the " A50iR " ?

I couldn't find any review .

Regards ,

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 732
I heard one of these with their new CD player in February at a HiFi show. It was playing into a pair of EPOS speakers and both myself and my wife were very impressed. Good rhythm, enjoyable and engaging.

Regards,
Frank.

Anonymous

Thanks , Frank .

I hope some reviews will appear ( I didn't have the chance to hear these Creeks yet ) .

Silver Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 623
I have 2 reviews on them,as Frank said they very impressive and even more when coupled to the Epos.Dont pay much attention to the reviews from the ones I have from HiFi Choice and What? Hi Fi,are very biased so I dont want to waste your time with it,because its not very valid.

Anonymous

Thank you too , Tawaun . My doubt now is Creek A50i or REGA Brio .
Brio's 38 watts " only " scares me a little :-) .

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 736
Please remember that Creek own EPOS so it's a natural match. A review should cover other makes of speaker which could account for the different results of different mags. Any review is likely to be of some worth.

Regards,
Frank.

Anonymous

Yeah , I knew jsut yesterday about that EPOS/CREEK sinergy .
And , as I don't use EPOS , that's why I'm also considering BRIO which has lots of users reviews with several speakers brands .

Regards ,

Silver Member

Post Number: 644
Mike Creek bought Epos just for this reason alone,they were a legondary company before he bought them,but they got in some financial trouble,so he bought them and then teamed up with Roy Hall and they done some tweaks and came out with some new designs.Remarkably they have stayed very close to the original designs E11 and E14,with the same minimalist crossoever aproach of the original designs,but its tweaked very well for the Creek gear and Music Hall gear.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1479
The Creek dealer in my area carries B&W and Vandersteen speakers (among others). I've listened to the Creek with both speakers as well as the comparably priced Musical Fidelity gear and must say that I really liked the Creek. Both sounded excellent and in many ways equal but the Creek I felt had more punch while still having a very well behaved top end. The Musical Fidelity was just a tad sweeter in the middle.

Silver Member

Post Number: 648
I almost bought the 50ir but I didnt feel that cd50 was much better than my Nad 541i,that was until I heard the Epos M5 with the whole creek setup and whoh it was pretty stagering to say the least,but I just felt the need for a touch more power and at the time they were replacing the 5350 cd player and Roy Hall told me it was sustansually better and it was the best player I heard for under $3000,and I ended getting the MF gear,iwas in love with the Epos M5s till this day I still am but to hear it all together you would have to spend thousands to beat that combo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us