AVR-630 failed update, Please help

Username: Rapidson

Post Number: 1
I have just tried to update my AVR-630 with the download i got from HK's site. All went well thru the first part of the installation. then i started to receive errors and everything froze. now the reviever will not come out of standby mode, and when i try to run the update again, the computer cannot see the receiver. I am going to take it to an authorized repair center but does this sound like a costly fix?

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 563
Page 50 of owner's manual :

"Processor Reset"

Unplug from wall for at least 3 minutes. Try again.

If that doesn't work to clear the AVR 630's entire system memory including tuner presets, output level settings, delay times, and speaker configuration data, first put the unit in standby by pressing the Standby/On Switch - 1 Next press and hold the Surround Mode Selector - 2 and the Tuning Mode Selector - 8 buttons at the same time for three seconds.

Username: Rapidson

Post Number: 2
OK I tried reseting the entire system by holding the Surround Mode, and Tuning mode button, and still no luck.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 566
I wonder if the firmware is added to system memory while keeping the old firmware or if it overwrites the original firmware.

In the 2nd case the entire firmware is corrupted leaving the system unable to do anything. In this case you will have to have the original firmware installed through a service centre.

I'd take the new firmware with you and see if it's possible to install it there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us