Realistic RMS Power

Username: Powerof1

St. Paul, MN USA

Post Number: 1
I've been itching to rebuild a new stereo system since I sold/broke my old gear back in the day.

I'm interested in putting 2-12 audiobahn aw1200q's in my dual 2 cu ft box (ported 35hz fb). Theyre 700 RMS 1400 max (dual 4 ohms). I know I want to paralell them to 1 ohm. I have my eye on a Hifonica Brutus 1605B (1600 RMS @ 1ohm).

Will the projected 800 watts RMS to each speaker be dangerous? I just don't want to blow em, I want them to be strong and healthy. I know amps differ astronomically as far as real power output(mostly in perfect test environments). But the amp is class D and probably very efficient...

Also, what kind of measures should I take to assure proper power flow? Bigger than 4AWG wire?
What farad cap and do I need a second batt?

Thanks for hollerin back,
Shawn

Username: Powerof1

St. Paul, MN USA

Post Number: 2
oh crap, this is home audio. can you help anyway?
shawn

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1925
no....

There is an audio page, ya know.

Bronze Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 36
1600 rms is okay just don't turn up the gain too much, you don't need a cap, they're useless, and 4 awg is perfect, if your lights are dimming when the bass hits, its time for a new alternator, but an interstate optima battery will do until then. the cap is useless b/c they cant charge up fast enough from bass hit to bass hit, and the only time they are usefull is when you have enough amperage to properly power your audio system anyway which would involve that new alternator

Bronze Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 37
caps store power, which your factory alternator can't give it anyway
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us