Help pick a receiver/setup please!

Cliff
Unregistered guest
Hello. Currently, I own a Kenwood VR-605 and I have 2 mains as JBL S-10 and JBL S-CenterII. I am working on the matching surrounds or another pair of the mains (problem is finding warranty cuz discontinued and want authorized dealer with good price...anyway...).

Here's the question. I need something that can "feed" my speakers the quality and amperage they need while being an affordable (also confused with brands giving accurate watts and RMS ratings, etc.). I am looking for something under $250--not necessarily needing brand new either. Please help me decide what to do: specific receiver recommendation(s) or let me know about amps/pre-amps (which I really don't know about so much). Please help and I'll be back to check frequently. God bless and thank you!

Bronze Member
Username: Gdawg

Canada

Post Number: 96
Cliff,

If you like the Kenwood(for feel and user comfort) then just order the refurb VR-6070 THX model from ecost.com for 199$ US (Retail was 599$ US) They ship VERY fast, and shipping is free on that model anywhere in the US.

If you can fork out a little more, you could pick up a NAD-743 somehwhere, and that would really drive those JBL's.

Bronze Member
Username: Gdawg

Canada

Post Number: 97
Also,

About the accuracy of power per channel, the 6070 is 92w x 6 All Channels driven according to Sound & Vision Magazine.

Go here..This is an awsome link.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Hollow/3401/ratevsac.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us