Subwoofer Hookup

How can I hookup the left and right channels of my receiver to the single RCA imput of my subwoofer?

Anonymous
What is the best way (if you can) to hook up a 4 channel amp to a stock radio w/no RCA's. Or do I have to use a aftermarket radio.

Adam
david,
subwoofers are mono so only 1 channel will be played. However, 2 channel input will double the signal so get a y splitter and run that into a mono rca cable. You want both channels for twice the signal input. The sub doesn't play left and right so merging them won't change the output.

Anonymous,
You are in the wrong forum, but I can answer you question. You need to run high level (speaker wire) to the amp. If it doesnt have high level input then I don't recommend doing it because 4 channel amps will send noise to your speakers if you convert to rca from speaker wire.

David,
I see that you left this message in Jan but in case you haven't gotten your solution yet what sub are you using and what reciever?

Anonymous,
You can use a high to low level adaptor that you can pick up for about $25 at any car audio shop. It is not as good as RCAs but it is about the same as high level inputs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us