I think my ears are permanently listening fatigued...?

abdcaw39
Unregistered guest
What exactly causes listening fatigue? What is it like? I think that my left ear is listening fatigued always. When I listen to a mono source, my left ear always has less treble and clarity than my right. Also when a singer is singing and says something with an s or f sound, it is always louder in my right ear. Is that what listening fatigue is? If so, my ears are permanently fatigued :-(

Bronze Member
Username: Coiwe

Concepcion, Bio Bio Chile

Post Number: 11
Hi abccaw39:

I think you should go to see a MD. He can make you some test on a silent chamber and tell you if there is something wrong with your ears. Is better to take care, cause this kind of hearing problems get worst everyday and soemtimes you can't be recover if you don't treat them at the right time.

abdcaw39
Unregistered guest
So then there is something wrong with my ears then, but it can be treated? Thats good that it can be treated :-)

I think that it started going like that after I had an ear infection. :-(

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 560
i dont think that has to do with listening fatigue. thats more like ear damage. the infection probably did it. i believe listening fatigue is closer to the feeling of literally being fatigued from listening to music with overly emphasised highs.

abdcaw39
Unregistered guest
ear damage? can it be reversed/fixed or evened out between the ears?

even if my right ear had a reduction in clarity and matched my left ear, it would be a lot better

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1874
Sounds like you need to take a trip to the eardoctor.

Silent chamber??...what's that??? Whenever I've had my hearing checked, I usually wear headphones and listen for a beeping sound.

Bronze Member
Username: Coiwe

Concepcion, Bio Bio Chile

Post Number: 12
Paul:

The checking is performed in a place where you can't be disturbed by other sounds. They take you to an special room and THEN, they apply you the headphones as you mention. This is for a very accurate measurements.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4927

Listening fatigue is a problem that occurs while you are "listening" to an audio system. It is typically caused by distortion content - IM distortion is much more disruptive than THD - and goes away after you have turned the system off. It literally translates to, "I'm tired of listening to this crap", though on a far more benign basis. Listening fatigue comes after you've been in front of the system for a period of time and goes away once you turn the system off. Any hearing problems that linger on a constant basis need medical attention. Take my advice, you would not be better off if both ears were having problems. The solution for your problem might be a hearing aid and I have sold many systems to individuals wearing hearing aids who had no problem picking out the piccollos in the recording. Get your problem assessed by a doctor.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us