Yamaha rx v2500/polk rt1-10's

Username: Wired_for_sound

Chicago, Il U.s.a

Post Number: 2
I just bought a Yamaha RX V2500 and a pr of Polk RTi10's and would like to know will this reciever compliment these speakers, because I keep hearing Polk RTi-10's are actually 6 ohm speakers and will they properly with this reciever. HELP SURROUND DOWN!!! SEND HELP!!!

anonymousII
Unregistered guest
The 2500 will have no problem driving the Polks at all. Hook it up and enjoy. Very nice combination for the money. Do you also have Polk center and surrounds?

Chicago, Il U.s.a

Post Number: 3
I just got rid of a Sony STR-DA2es reciever for the Yamaha, I currently have JBL satellites and center, and a Cerwin Vega rl 28w sub, definently going to keep the sub, don't know about the satellites and center, guess they'll do for now, any suggestions???

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 556
Rti10s are 8 Ohms, who's said otherwise.

I use an HK receiver with the Polk Rti8s, Csi3, and Fxi3s. Do you find the highs a little bright with the Yamaha at high volumes?

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1843
The nice thing about the yammi is that you can equalize each channel 'individually' from about 65hz on up. I doubt you can say the same for many other receivers.

Anonymous

yes I had a 2500 for about a week but took it back for a Marantz because it was so awful with music. Lots of bells and whistles but bottom line its sound quality was mediocre at best.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1848
Either that, or the instruction manual reading level was too advanced for your level of education, and you didnt configure it properly.

Chicago, Il U.s.a

Post Number: 4
My educational level is more than adequate THANK YOU. I do appreciate the input even yours Paul (LOL)!!!!! Finally hooked em up, sent the wife and kids away popped in a movie(Constantine) and DAMN!!!! just didn't want to get out my seat at all. The sound effects literally jump right out at you, well you guys know what I mean, need I say more?

Chicago, Il U.s.a

Post Number: 5
Any personal opinions regarding the Sony STR-DA2 ES reciever? Looking to get rid of it now that I got my YAMMI

Gold Member

Post Number: 1855
yea, 'constantine' was a fun watch. As for your old receiver??...It's probably worth very little, but you could always sell it for a few bucks on ebay.

Me personally??....I hung onto my old receiver just incase I get the urge to use it as a garage stereo. Either that, or you could give it away to a neighborhood kid.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us