Connect turntable to pc through mixer?

Username: Carlssounds

Post Number: 1
Can I attach a turntable to a mixer then connect the mixer to sound card and get a decent level of sound so I could record vinyls onto cd's? What if i just connect turntable to pc? I read on one of these posts the bush turntable from argos can directly attach to sound card but the signal would be too low. How come? If all you need is preamplifier which the turntable has?! What difference would the mixer make to this rig? I have no phono on my sony av/amp but do have auxilliary on my sharp micro system! Could i connect turntable to micro system?
Whats the best solution. P.S the mixer would be second hand but have phono inputs and outputs to pc i presume!

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4857

Use the table into the mixer into the PC and you will probably get good results.

Post Number: 3
how does the mixer connect to the sound card what leads are required?

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4865

I don't know; that will depend on the sound card. Usually it is a pair of RCA cables.

Post Number: 5
Sound card is bog standard creative soundblaster type. The 'Awe Soundblaster' cards had phono connections I believe, but I suppose mine is a twin rca to mini jack. Thanks anyway. Does anyone know where one could get a cheap terratec phono rig or steinberg clean [not ebay]!PC World [uk] seem to stop selling them [about 60-80 notes].

Anyhow, 1] how would i make sure the signal from the mixer to sound card would not damage soundcard due to the power differences involved?

2]Could I get a lead from the mixer with one end supplying usb the other twin rca[shop said that would be needed to attach mixer to sound card]?

3]Would it be just wiser to buy a top 'Terratec' sound card with preamp built in?

any suggestions anyone would be great help..cheers

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4911

1) Compare output voltage of the mixer to the overload sensitvity of the sound card.

2) Probably not since most mixers don't output a digital signal.

3) Don't know.

Unregistered guest
i am trying to connect my computer to the radio thru the amplifier using phono cables. Does anyone know if there is a sound card with phono connections. If not how best can i connect the two.

Unregistered guest
i am trying to connect my computer to the radio thru the amplifier using phono cables. Does anyone know if there is a sound card with phono connections. If not how best can i connect the two.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us