List of MUSICAL bookshelf speakers for auditioning...

Username: Seeking4advice

Post Number: 1
Triangle Titus

Totem Mite

Usher S-520

Epos M5 & M12.2

Omega Grande-6

System Audio SA505 & SA510

JM-Lab Chorus 707s

Anything else worthy of an audition in this category/price range? (up to 650$)

***Probably going to pair them with NAD's C320BEE integrated and Cambridge Audio DVD77 as a source!

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 371
PSB Image B25. NAD and PSB work great together. I've got a NAD PSB combo and can't recommend it highly enough. Many others have said the same. Try as hard as you can to audition all of the speakers with your 320BEE - great amp by the way.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1415
If you use a DVD player as a source you probably won't need speakers that good. I would consider a dedicated CD player before worrying about speakers. Perhaps you intend to add one later. I don't want to presume facts not in evidence.

Post Number: 2
I doubt there will be a huge difference. the DVD77 player is supposed to be better suited for audio listening than mass-marketed units like Pioneer.

Anyway, I will try to audition the NAD C521BEE for reference.

10x!

Silver Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 507
King ,its still what it is a dvd player it stll wont be anywhere near budget cd player

Silver Member

NYC, NY

Post Number: 377
Sorry, I missed the source part. I have to agree that a redbook cdp will generally out-perform the dvd. Bring it into the store if they don't have one and A/B it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 512
King,what kind of speakers do you have now?

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1102
I don't know Art... I still impress people with my setup while using a DVD player as source, and get a huge performance change by swapping out speakers.

Will I buy a CD player next? Perhaps not! It might just be a cheap SACD player. I think the format must outperform very expensive redbook CD players playing CDs.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1417
I cover the bases. I have a very good universal player and a very good dedeicated CD player. For good performance I don't see anyway around it. I could impress anyone with my Denon DVD2910 and a pair of Wilson Maxx 2's but they would sound better with a dedicated CD player.

We each approach audio differently. I would not pair good speakers with a DVD player, but that's just me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 523
Dont get me wrong Peter their are some good multi purpose players that play music well. a dedicated machine at same price price will always be better at redbook cds than the multi player at the same price.Take this for instanace My musical Fidelity X-Ray V3 will show the door to any multi player up $10,000,but its usually like that with any decent cd player.

Bronze Member
Username: Eieiei0101x

Post Number: 50
Save a little, buy a NAD c521bee CDplayer at 300 and a pair of totem dreamcatchers at 430, That adds up to 730 vs 650 budget.

Rainmakers are much better, but later then upgarde the CD

Bronze Member
Username: Eieiei0101x

Post Number: 51
Also considre B&W 602 S3

Silver Member

Post Number: 525
Eduardo actually had that setup for about four months,well minus 521,I had the 541i.Actually King if you can swing to the 542 is stepa beyond the 521,if you cant swing it find a used 541i,I must say that was a impressive setup,although the Dreacatchers showed the limitations of 320bee.It still was good the Dreamcatchers are great tool for the beginner to use to evaluate upstream gear,they will tell you whats wrong with your system,while still keeping it musical impressive speakers.

Post Number: 3
Got some quick replys here, looks like this forum is quite active...

This will be my first "serious" Hi-Fi system, and I shall take all of your suggestions into consideration. Looks like it is time to conduct thorough visits in stereo shops around my area.
{Can you feel the excitement? :-)}

I appreciate the help!

Silver Member

Post Number: 532
Have fun listen objectively and remember:#1 sound #2 looks,yes sound is what you want to consider above everything else. Good Luck and report back!

Post Number: 4
Will do, thanks!

Silver Member

NYC, NY

Post Number: 386
Key thing to remember is to have fun. Don't take it too seriously like others here have (Timmothy).

Silver Member

Post Number: 537
Yeah Timmothy almost had a sroke that guy was nerve racking and the most indecisive person I've see on this or any other forum.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us