Yamaha RX Z1

Bobby Big Boots
Unregistered guest
Anyone know if this receiver would be a good choice matched with my paradigms monitor 7s? Is the RX-Z1 comparable to the Nad T773. I can buy the Yamaha for about 200 more than the Nad. Any opinions on these two receivers?

Bobby Big Boots
Unregistered guest
Can you answer this HAWK???? Need some advise. Is the RZ-x1 a great receiver? or as good as the NAD T773?

Bobby Big Boots
Unregistered guest
????

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 300
Sonically the RX-Z1 is fine with your Paradigm's but I would not put it in the class of the NAD. The RX-Z1 has the old Yamaha problem of poor base management and allows for only one fixed crossover setting which is a very dumb idea that thankfully Yamaha's new 2400 has changed. I would recommend you listen to this new model and you will find it is not as bright as past Yamaha's in it's price range and while a bit thin is a good match with your Monitor 7's. I heard this combination a couple weeks ago and while not a favorite of mine it is the first time in many years I feel I can recommend any Yamaha receiver based on it's sonic ability. The NAD 773 would blow it away but I think the 773 is really better paired with the Paradigm Studio series line in terms of price. For your 7's look at the 763 or lower in the NAD line or the 2400. Good luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckeyeshine

Post Number: 70
BBB,

I also have Paradigm Monitor 7's. I've had them several years and bought them w/ my Yamaha RX-V2092 which died on me last year.

I can't speak for the Z1 but initially I had a Yamaha 2400. Because of some problems with it I was given the opportunity to audition a NAD T763 in my home. It unquestionably blew the 2400 out of the water IMHO in my side by side comparison with my Paradigms in my home.

I actually ended up buying the T773 because the extra bucks weren't an issue and I figured the extra power wouldn't hurt. If my budget was a constraint I would have been just fine with the T763.

Anyway, that's my story. One of these days I'm going to upgrade my speakers too but for now I've been pleased.

Elitefan - Are you saying this gets better w/the Paradigm Studio line? I've heard that somewhere else I think.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 304
JDG,
Yes the Studio line is better than the Monitor line. The Studio 60 is the speaker to compare to your 7's. When you are ready to upgrade your speakers try to listen to the Dynaudio Audience series. They are really incredible and a perfect match with your great 773. I am wondering what problems you had with your 2400 and I agree the 773 would blow it away.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckeyeshine

Post Number: 71
Thanks elitefan. After my lovely wife gets over her shell shock with my recent DVD player and receiver purchases among others I'll check them out.

The 2400 fried both of my fronts and my center channel speakers. It had toasted my center twice before finally finding the culprit. It was a real mess but in the end I am far better off for it since I ended up with the NAD.

Bobby Big Boots
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the info!!! I guess I was mistaken thinking that the Yamaha RX-Z1 was As good as its price. I will check out the NAD receivers. Thanks Guys!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us